Speculation: Who Will Be Signed?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would assume they are signing him, but I don't know why they haven't yet. I'm shocked something hasn't been announced with the Laval coaching staff as well, since it's one of the most important things for our future, seems to be taking a long time.
My concern is that the 50 contract limit may be the issue.

Reactions: montreal

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It's strange that a RFA hasn't signed when the season isn't even over? RFAs gets signed well into the offseason basically all the time.
He's not an RFA. He had an expiring AHL contract and the deadline to sign him to an NHL contract is next week.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Maybe they feel Davidson will accept some other kind of contract. Or maybe they just don't care if he leaves. It's a shame because I like this idea of building our own depth and Davidson looks like a competitive fellow with an outside shot at becoming an NHLer. However, if they feel the numbers game at fwd isn't working out (too crowded), I guess I could understand why they would decide to go with more vets above a fringe prospect.

Edit: or maybe they will sign ulhik before the deadline. That option is still out there...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad