Who will be on Avalanche 2017-18?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
As the season get older and me more senile, the mind tends to wander. Wander to 2017-18 season, which will be so awesome and winning we have to invent a new word for it. But who will get to take part in this glorious journey? We can only speculate and we will, through a poll.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think Duchene and McLeod are traded (or even waived, in McLeod's case). Landeskog stays for now (even though his name is being heard more). I meant to select Beauchemin, but I forgot...I don't think he'll get traded.

If Jost can go to the AHL, I think he signs, but I don't think he's ready to start the year with the Avs, he may be a good call-up option after ~30 games in the AHL.

But I think Duchene goes before Landeskog (and both may end up going).

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think if Beachemin isn't traded, he might be bought out. That's the main reason I didn't vote for him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think guys under contract for next year will still be here. I'll be optimistic that the kids will be here. One core player trade in Duchene. I guess something will have to happen with Beauch.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
My bet is everybody besides the first 3 will play games for the Avs next year.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Gabriel Landeskog
Francois Beauchemin
Joe Colborne
Chris Bigras
A.J Greer
J.T Compher

Are all guys I see being on the roster next season. I'm surprised I'm the only one that thinks Beachemin will be here still, do people think him getting traded/bought out is that likely?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
According to the masses Martin has a better chance of being on the team than Duchene lol.

I didn't vote for FB because I think he is either bought out or traded as well.

With Carolina finally having a rumor, I'm betting on that being Duchy's landing spot.

Oh and I think Jost will gain the needed strength this off-season. He'll be fine IMO

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
More Siemens fans than I would have imagined. If he can't beat out Goloubef, Gelinas what chance does he have here? Bigras will be up there next year and probably a defender they trade for.

I guess goalie is a question too. I'll say both will be here.

The reason I didn't include them or Söderberg is that it's mostly expansion draft dependent and that's out of Avs control to some extent.

I guess if you vote for Martin, it means one of them will be gone.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
My projected lineup for 2017-2018 opening night

XXX - XXX - Rantanen
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX

Zadorov - XXX
XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX

XXX
XXX

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
My projected lineup for 2017-2018 opening night

XXX - Mackinnon - Rantanen
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX - Compher/XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX/Compher - XXX
XXX

Zadorov - XXX
XXX - XXX
Bigras - XXX
XXX - XXX

XXX
XXX

I can help fill in the blanks. I also would guess Greer plays 3rd or 4th line LW, but it wouldn't shock me for him to have 1 more year in the AHL.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
My dream team next season :

X Barrie+ to TB for Drouin (ignite him hopefully with Mack) - not even sure they have the cap space though
X Landy + 1st odd overall to Hurricanes for Hanifin + 15th odd overall)
X Acquire Oshie through free agency
X Acquire Shattenkirk through free agency
X Draft Callan Foote if possible and available
X Offer a 4th odd rounder for Halak (he cleared waivers)
X Vegas acquire Varlamov

Drouin - Mackinnon - Oshie
Jost - Duchene - Rantanen
Nieto - Soderberg - Greer
Comeau - Compher - Grigorenko

Hanifin - Johnson
Zadorov - Shattenkirk
Beauchemin - Bigras

Pickard
Halak

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
My dream team next season :

X Barrie+ to TB for Drouin (ignite him hopefully with Mack) - not even sure they have the cap space though
X Landy + 1st odd overall to Hurricanes for Hanifin + 15th odd overall)
X Acquire Oshie through free agency
X Acquire Shattenkirk through free agency
X Draft Callan Foote if possible and available
X Offer a 4th odd rounder for Halak (he cleared waivers)
X Vegas acquire Varlamov

- Why would Tampa Bay trade Drouin?
- That's a truly horrendous trade for us. Landeskog AND 1st OVERALL for Hanifin + a mid 1st? Disgusting
- Why would Oshie sign here? Better yet, why on earth would Shattenkirk sign here?
- We have Varlamov. There's no reason to offer a draft pick for Jaroslav Halak, who the Islanders were more than happy giving away to any team in the league for free on waivers.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
- Why would Tampa Bay trade Drouin?
- That's a truly horrendous trade for us. Landeskog AND 1st OVERALL for Hanifin + a mid 1st? Disgusting
- Why would Oshie sign here? Better yet, why on earth would Shattenkirk sign here?
- We have Varlamov. There's no reason to offer a draft pick for Jaroslav Halak, who the Islanders were more than happy giving away to any team in the league for free on waivers.

Fair enough...what's your predictive team next year (I also see you'd like to play Jost in the AHL)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad