Marlies Discussion: Who will be new Marlies coach?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I am gonna throw the name Kevin Dineen out there. Wouldn't be shocked to see one of Greg Dineen, or Derek Smith get promoted, or a guy like DJ Smith hired.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Promote Dineen or King I think seems likely. One of them deserve it.

If not, Smith all ready interviewed for the job last year I think? Seems like a good candidate.

Scott Walker has done great in Guelph.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I am gonna throw the name Kevin Dineen out there. Wouldn't be shocked to see one of Greg Dineen, or Derek Smith get promoted, or a guy like DJ Smith hired.

Too bad the Stars hired Derek Laxdahl former Leaf and the coach of Edmonton Memorial Cup winners. Derek replaced the new Canucks coach.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Throwing an exotic name out there, Jerry York (boston college head coach) that programm keep developing NHL prospects like candy !!

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
My fear is that we waited too long and allot of his replacements are already scooped up

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Smith was kicked upstairs by the Gens, more or less as a symbol, for him not to leave. Still it depends if he feels is ready to:

a-Go back to coaching
b-Does he want to go, or is ready for the pros.
c-leave an organization, which has shown investment in him.

Tyler Biggs*

Derek King and Gord Dineen were two very good assistants under Dallas Eakins and continuing last year under Spott. They have good relationships with the younger players, and have helped guide the Marlies to perennial deep runs in the Calder Cup playoffs, including all the way to the finals. They know their stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad