Speculation: Who will be named Habs captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
It has now been one whole season that the Montreal Canadiens have not had an official team captain. I think we all can agree that Carey Price is the defacto team captain and is the spiritual leader as well as alpha on the team. However, it is highly unlikely he will be named official captain. All signs point toward one of Pacioretty or Subban being named captain. Both of these guys wore the 'A' last season, but based on pure on-ice leadership an argument has to be made for Brendan Gallagher. The guy has the admiration of nearly every player in the league and if I get inspired watching him on my television, you can only imagine the effect he has on his teammates. Moreover, he has been doing more and more interviews and we all know the love Marc Bergevin has for him.

I still believe Max Pacioretty will get the captaincy, but I could easy envision it be given to Brendan Gallagher.

What do you think?

Xss

Jul 9, 2009
I say keep 4A. Carey Price is the captain anyway with or without the C.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
Price is the captain of this team.
Pacioretty will get it because the media wants it like this.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Desharnais.

Would make for some great threads. :D

Should be Gallagher or Markov, IMO. Markov, I can see passing on, since he's not going to be here long-term. Possibly same with Plekanec.

Gallagher is my choice.

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
Pacioretty has said himself...."When the game is on the line....and I am not on the ice. (on the bench)
I can't even watch. It is too stressful. I just put my head down, and don't look.
And wait till I go back on the ice."

Now, how can that guy be Captain? He doesn't even see what his teammates are doing.....

PK, steps up when the game is on the line.......
PK leads........
PK should be Captain. Simple.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Pacioretty has said himself...."When the game is on the line....and I am not on the ice. (on the bench)
I can't even watch. It is too stressful. I just put my head down, and don't look.
And wait till I go back on the ice."

Now, how can that guy be Captain? He doesn't even see what his teammates are doing.....

:laugh: That is some crazy logic

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I'd go with PK, but voted for Max since I think management would be more inclined to give it to him.

I feel they'll go another season without a captain though. Who knows, maybe Chucky has an incredible season and earns the C?

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
:laugh: That is some crazy logic

I don't understand? Why is that crazy logic?

Ever since Max said that. It stuck with me. Is is not a bad thing to say....and it shows how much he cares.
But a Captain FACES adversity.....he rises above stress.....to a degree, he even coaches.

How can you do these things when you can't even watch the play on the ice?
How can you encourage your teammates, when you haven't even see what they've done?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I don't understand? Why is that crazy logic?

Ever since Max said that. It stuck with me. Is is not a bad thing to say....and it shows how much he cares.
But a Captain FACES adversity.....he rises above stress.....to a degree, he even coaches.

How can you do these things when you can't even watch the play on the ice?
How can you encourage your teammates, when you haven't even see what they've done?

What are you talking about? Link please.

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
What are you talking about? Link please.

Sorry, I have no link.
Patches said this in an interview near the end of last season. It might have been the close, exciting game against Chicago.
Doesn't anyone else remember this?
Again , I am not saying it is bad.......he said it with a smile. He was expressing how much he cares. How important the game was.....
It was very interesting to me, and I will never forget it.

But to me, that is not what a Captain does. To me, a Captain ENCOURAGES his teammates. Which you cannot do. If you don't see the things they do......

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Keep the 4a system. It's Price's team for the forseable future.

This is how I see it too. I like the 4As right now because it emphasizes that there are a number of leaders on this team, and also quietly suggests the Price is basically the 'real' captain in the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad