Who was better Cantona or Bergkamp

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
That celebration posted above me is even better when shown with the goal, which is just spectacular. I wish I had been alive for Cantona's prime/a football fan for Bergkamp's.

Hawks Win

Apr 24, 2015
Bergkamp is the most intelligent football player ever lived. Look at his goals- calculated to the last detail. What to say for his assists? This is something Cantona doesn't have.

What Cantona has that Bergkamp has not is a hooligan behaviour and overacting as a big shot.

Bergkamp always.

Last edited:

Hawks Win

Apr 24, 2015
And one more thing- this Cantona goal that so many people brag about- Bergkamp scored so many of these...

Oh, yes, but he did not celebrate like he's on the top of the world.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Cantona also scored many great goals. The one against Southampton comes to mind. Cantona also had a knack for scoring the equalizer or winning goal. That being said, as I've said before, I'm not sure he had the better career. I'm also not sure you understand the impact the demeanor of Cantona would have on his teammates. He was playing with a lot of younger players, who grew into men while he was on the team and continued to carry his attitude into fixtures all the way until just a few seasons ago.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Cantona played his part, but people need to consider some of the other United players like Keane for instance who also played on that team. It wasn't just Cantona and Fergie's Fledglings.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Bergkamp is the most intelligent football player ever lived. Look at his goals- calculated to the last detail. What to say for his assists? This is something Cantona doesn't have.

What Cantona has that Bergkamp has not is a hooligan behaviour and overacting as a big shot.

Bergkamp always.

The most intelligent footballer to ever live??? Please. Is this Piers Morgan?

He was never even the best player on those Arsenal teams.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Cantona also scored many great goals. The one against Southampton comes to mind. Cantona also had a knack for scoring the equalizer or winning goal. That being said, as I've said before, I'm not sure he had the better career. I'm also not sure you understand the impact the demeanor of Cantona would have on his teammates. He was playing with a lot of younger players, who grew into men while he was on the team and continued to carry his attitude into fixtures all the way until just a few seasons ago.

Or the ones against Arsenal:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad