OT: Who takes Pacioretty Olympic spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County
Per Elliotte Friedman: Pacioretty goes into post hard in CAR...was driving net. Not putting weight on left leg, needs assistance off ice.

Feel very bad for Max, but once a door shuts another one opens. Who will take his spot? Okposo or Ryan?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ryan hasn't been that great this season and Burke has it out for him. If MaxPac is out, Okposo better at least get consideration. We know he won't get the spot because he's not built for big ice, whatever that means.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Ryan hasn't been that great this season and Burke has it out for him. If MaxPac is out, Okposo better at least get consideration. We know he won't get the spot because he's not built for big ice, whatever that means.

Maybe to prove that Kyle can play on big ice, he should play a game or two on a glacier.

651*

Okposo cant play on the big ice remember ..

Okposo spent a couple years playing for the Gophers on Mariucci - BIG ICE - and elsewhere in the NCAA, many arenas of which had big ice. I reckon more NCAA guys have spent a bit of time on Olympic sized ice because many of the arenas have that.

Be nice to see Bjugstad get a call, but I honestly expect it to be Okposo. I don't know where they'd put Byfuglien, but I wouldn't mind him getting the call either.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Okposo spent a couple years playing for the Gophers on Mariucci - BIG ICE - and elsewhere in the NCAA, many arenas of which had big ice. I reckon more NCAA guys have spent a bit of time on Olympic sized ice because many of the arenas have that.

Be nice to see Bjugstad get a call, but I honestly expect it to be Okposo. I don't know where they'd put Byfuglien, but I wouldn't mind him getting the call either.

PW and Myself are aware of that...He also played in world championships were he had success...

We were being sarcastic and pointing out the ridiculous claim of Poile

651*

I personally think KO would be a weaker link than Byfuglien.

Who do you guys suggest putting KO with if he were to get the call?

What would be ridiculously sick if it were to happen would be an all Gopher line of Kessel, Bjugstad and Okposo. Let's make that happen in South Korea. ;)

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
I hope they call Ryan and Okposo and in light of that little article that was released, both players tell Them to stuff it. Im rooting for Canada as it is and before everyone gets all "your an american" BS...im not rooting for 3 rags to win a gold medal...never gonna happen. It doesnt not change my patriotism, but the USA hockey team can stuff it for having an agenda instead of the best possible team.

651*

lllllolol

As if Canada didn't have a bunch of favoritism or any of the other teams for that matter.

LMMFAO

I do agree though that Bobby Ryan should tell 'em to stuff it.

CaptDenisPotvin

Jun 20, 2007
lllllolol

As if Canada didn't have a bunch of favoritism or any of the other teams for that matter.

LMMFAO

I do agree though that Bobby Ryan should tell 'em to stuff it.

I understand this but i personally think 2 players didnt deserve to be on the team as much as okposo and ryan...they both happen to be rags...Cally in particular seems completely out of left field considering his lack of production but was some how always penciled in...never a question. Thats unacceptable, factor in i'd root for the Russian team during the cold war before any rags players and im singing "Oh Canada....

651*

I understand this but i personally think 2 players didnt deserve to be on the team as much as okposo and ryan...they both happen to be rags...Cally in particular seems completely out of left field considering his lack of production but was some how always penciled in...never a question. Thats unacceptable, factor in i'd root for the Russian team during the cold war before any rags players and im singing "Oh Canada....

I'd take ANY team over Canada after the way they beat us in Van. That was as painful loss our nation has ever suffered in Olympic games. It's payback time.

And considering Canuckistan's issues with their goalies right now, I hope they get beat even before the medal rounds.

CaptDenisPotvin

Jun 20, 2007
I'd take ANY team over Canada after the way they beat us in Van. That was as painful loss our nation has ever suffered in Olympic games. It's payback time.

And considering Canuckistan's issues with their goalies right now, I hope they get beat even before the medal rounds.

Whatever happens, as long as the USA doesnt medal i'd be happy at this point...i would love to hear the back pedaling on the selections along with the finger pointing by the committee of misfits if that takes place. Only a few days now....

651*

Whatever happens, as long as the USA doesnt medal i'd be happy at this point...i would love to hear the back pedaling on the selections along with the finger pointing by the committee of misfits if that takes place. Only a few days now....

Whatever dude. These Olympic games are going to be more of a crap shoot than ever; probably the strongest American team since our Silver team in '02, regardless of the omissions many of us have bellyached about.

Goaltending is ultimately what it will probably boil down to, and frankly Miller can stand toe-to-toe with the best in the world on any given night. Same with Quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad