Who starts Game 4?

• Linus Ullmark

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • Jeremy Swayman

Votes: 82 71.9%

• Total voters

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
total honesty, i don't really care who plays goal in the next game.

but for the start swayman crowd, if he plays poorly and loses game 4, and then ullmark wins game 5 and plays well...
who starts in game 6?

Reactions: Gordoff

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
total honesty, i don't really care who plays goal in the next game.

but for the start swayman crowd, if he plays poorly and loses game 4, and then ullmark wins game 5 and plays well...
who starts in game 6?
Linus, but depends on many other factors

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Sway. Had been in favor of keeping up the rotation, and Ullmark's done nothing wrong, but Sway simply owns Toronto at the moment and has to be in their heads. He's now beaten them 6 times in a row, I think it is. You stick with that and keep the psychological edge until the Leafs can prove they can get past it or Jez starts to look fatigued.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I still think the most fair method is you go until you lose
Generally I agree, but if Sway loses game 4, I am not going back to Ullmark at home for the must win game unless Swayman let up a couple bad ones in game 4 or got hurt. If he wins game 4 and loses game 5, I would consider Ullmark for game 6 the final road game of the series. But for the most part I agree with the poster that said this is Sway's series now.

In round 2, I think I would play Ullmark game 3 on the road if we have home ice advantage and I would play him in game 2 on the road if we do not have home ice advantage. This would help Swayman stay fresh and make sure that Ullmark remains ready if an injury occurred.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
if it aint broken don't fix it. both guys love each other, cheer for each other, compete with each other and are used to the rotation. why mess with it.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
if it aint broken don't fix it. both guys love each other, cheer for each other, compete with each other and are used to the rotation. why mess with it.
bc intentionally losing games benching a hot goalie and putting Ullmark in net makes no sense. Good thing Swayman is carrying the team so far despite Monty

Reactions: JOKER 192

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Swayman is 25 years old, if he can't handle playing 2 games in 4 days then he's playing the wrong sport.

Yeah it's an extra day off for game 4 and an extra day off for game 5

It certainly won't be conditioning.

I think Monty can either be RIGHT, or he can do what's best for the team. You can end Toronto in 5 and still give Linus game 2 of the next series (maybe).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad