smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
1713667165438.jpeg

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I know he’ll go to Ullmark…and nothing at all against him, but in this situation, the way Swayman has done vs. Toronto this season, why take your foot off the gas.

Why not make Toronto play against the guy who has their number?

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Honestly I dont mind if they go with Ullmark. I think it could be valuable giving teams different looks in net every game. And the thing is, if Swayman really does own the Leafs, it shouldnt matter much if Ullmark comes up short next game. If he does, then go with Swayman for the rest of the series.

But I also wouldnt be upset if they kept going with Swayman either.

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I know he’ll go to Ullmark…and nothing at all against him, but in this situation, the way Swayman has done vs. Toronto this season, why take your foot off the gas.

not sure how they can switch after that win. Would be a momentum killer

Reactions: sarge88

sportsvg

Dec 24, 2014
Ontario
I thought before this game started you tell them as long as they play well the rotation continues. Sway played well today that guarantees him game 3 no matter what happens in game 2. If Ullmark plays good game 2 he gets game 4, if he struggles then it opens the possibility of Swayman game 3 and 4.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I thought before this game started you tell them as long as they play well the rotation continues. Sway played well today that guarantees him game 3 no matter what happens in game 2. If Ullmark plays good game 2 he gets game 4, if he struggles then it opens the possibility of Swayman game 3 and 4.
Playoffs different story though, adds pressure to ullmark, better he comes in if necessary, not after an emotional win

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
I'm convinced it will be Ullmark. I think that was their plan going into the playoffs and I don't think they're going to deviate after 1 game.

Definitely opens themselves up to criticism with how great Swayman just looked though

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I look at it from Toronto’s perspective.

By now Swayman has got to be in their heads.

Why give them the mental break of letting them see Ullmark?

Use every mental advantage you have.

Reactions: FinnBear

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I look at it from Toronto’s perspective.

By now Swayman has got to be in their heads.

Why give them the mental break of letting them see Ullmark?

Use every mental advantage you have.
Or:

Let them break down video on how to beat him for 2 days and totally mess their minds when Ullmark is the first goalie out for the warmup and they think now what?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Or:

Let them break down video on how to beat him for 2 days and totally mess their minds when Ullmark is the first goalie out for the warmup and they think now what?

Interesting perspective.

Maybe that’s the angle.

Personally, I ride Swayman vs. Toronto until there’s a reason not to.

Then ride Ullmark the same way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22Brad Park

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I like the Swayman game 2, Ullmark game 3 idea best, but I don’t know if I actually care. It’s interesting Lemelin was the banner waver tonight, as we’ve not had a tandem like these two since Reggie and Andy Moog.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Definitely a mental thing.If it gives Leafs momentum and Bruins end up losing series it could be something Monty never gets past here.Going Swayman is safe career move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad