Votes: 37 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Confident in either, I would start Ullmark. He was better down the stretch and deserves his playoff redemption arc. If he is shaky change it, don't ride a broken down pony again.

Reactions: BTO

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Ullmark was a bit better this season. I’d start him and I’d give swayman a go maybe even game 2 depending on game 1. I think they should just roll out both goalies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Swayman was better over the bulk of the year but since the trade deadline Linus has been outplaying him, so I lean in that direction.

But seeing Swayman's numbers against the Leafs has me second-guessing. Plus I'm not forgetting how bad Ullmark was the last two postseasons. Either way I expect a short leash and some rotation.

Reactions: HustleB

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I voted Linus, but after looking at the #'s it's Swayman for me.

3-0-0
1.30 Goals Against Average.
959 Save Percentage
97 Shots Against93 Saves

Yeah that's had me thinking again too. Very impressive numbers for Sway in this regard. Likewise I still voted for Ullmark just on the back of his better form in the last month or two, but I wouldn't be against Sway getting the nod.

What it does reinforce for me is that rotation should definitely still be the default plan, subject to change depending on how things pan out.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How can it not be Swayman

He’s up in rotation
He’s beat Leafs last two games both 4-1
He was super sharp against Caps
He’s the future after they appeared to try and trade Linus???

the most important game of the season and they are going with the guy they want to trade 6 weeks ago - crazy

If you aren’t starting Swayman then you should be keeping Ullmark at least another season and probably beyond

And not giving Swayman more then 6 M which is about where I would pay him

And since there aren’t really that many UFA F out there I want from other teams you can keep both

Very weak class unless you want guys on wrong side of 30 and rarely works

Keep the hug or one injury you are Detroit

I offer Sway 4 at $6 M and keep Ullmark 3 more years extension

Bruins can roll to 100-115 points year after year

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How can it not be Swayman

He’s up in rotation
He’s beat Leafs last two games both 4-1
He was super sharp against Caps
He’s the future after they appeared to try and trade Linus???

the most important game of the season and they are going with the guy they want to trade 6 weeks ago - crazy

If you aren’t starting Swayman then you should be keeping Ullmark at least another season and probably beyond

And not giving Swayman more then 6 M which is about where I would pay him

And since there aren’t really that many UFA F out there I want from other teams you can keep both

Very weak class unless you want guys on wrong side of 30 and rarely works

Keep the hug or one injury you are Detroit

I offer Sway 4 at $6 M and keep Ullmark 3 more years extension

Bruins can roll to 100-115 points year after year

Completely agree with every element of this. If you don't believe Swayman is the guy for game 1, then that has so many long term implications for the org

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I said Swayman
1. He's up in the rotation and they should keep the rotation going as much as possible, they tried it the other way with Ullmark last year and it screwed them. The rotation works better physically and mentally for both of them. I wouldn't mess with it.
2. Game 1, both teams should come out with lots of energy, but especially the B's at home. Team defense "should" be at its best, which will help Sway and give him the best chance for success. (If the B's come out in slowpoke, regular season, "don't give a crap" mode in Game 1, we're not going far, anyway.)
3. Sway should be super motivated because of his pending contract.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I think you go Ullmark for game 1.

I get that the stats have been great for Sway against the Leafs. But Ullmark has been the better tender. Luckily, Sway seems to have started to find his game in the last few starts. Especially his last one.

The real question lies with game 2. If, assuming Ullmark starts and he is phenomenal and they Bruins win, do you go right back to him?

Also, as guys such as Jaffe and such have said, you dont HAVE to go 1-1-1 etc. with the rotation. You can go 2-1-1 or 2-1-2 or what ever you want.

Dont forget Ullmark was also injured last postseason. It wasnt just because they went away from the rotation. Guy was banged up which made NOT going to the rotation till it was too late that much worse.

I think Jimbo redeems himself and has a better finger on the pulse of this team this postseason.

Lastly, Id rather have both these guys than anyone on the blue and white. Thats already a plus.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'd probably go with Swayman. He had a rough March, but was strong in his April games. He's also got really good numbers against Toronto. I know some have said that Ullmark has been the better goalie post break, but the numbers don't seem to trend that way....

Post All-Star Break
Swayman: 25-10-8 / 2.53 GAA / .916 SV% / 3 SO
Ullmark: 22-10-7 / 2.57 GAA / .915 SV% / 2 SO

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
50-50 which returns to the point, and a point raised on the Saturday hockey show - investing so heavily in goaltending is a regular season benefit but 50% of your investment is on the bench in the playoffs. This is going to be a major focus on Sweeney should the Bruins fail in round 1 again.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
If they still want to trade Linus, he has to show well. If Sway wants to get paid, he has to show well.

Should be interesting to see how this goes. Be nice for Toronto to not know till puck drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad