Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010
Is Levshunov the #1 PP QB dynamic offense type?

That seems like the true need guy us on D more so than handedness.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
San Jose has absolutely Jack shit for prospects on defense and their forward group of the future consists of Celebrini, (the lesser known) Will Smith, and William Eklund.

I'd take Bedard, Demidov, and Nazar over that trio of forwards any day of the week. And defensively, we win by a landslide.

This isn't saying they aren't assembling a good team, they've got some pieces and they're a year or two behind us in their rebuild.

But going and saying that you're jealous of their rebuild and shitting on ours is just an incredibly stupid take.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
"But when I take the ice, I am a hard man."
-Anton Silayev
download.jpeg

Not worth #2 overall imo

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
The 100th most productive forward this year was Michael Bunting and he had 55 points.

Bedard, Moore, Nazar, pick 20, 2025 top 10, Reichel, 33M in cap space, Kantserov, Lardis, Dach, I mean you’ll find 6 more likely 9. And oh BTW in the process you have a 2010s Nashville D Corps in theory.

Just think of Taze Ems dream Hawks as the 2010s Predators but add Connor McDavid and a couple other cool forwards to the team.
Yes because the 2010s predators is definitely the team we should strive to be...

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
You guys are worse than my students at reading comprehension.

Yes because the 2010s predators is definitely the team we should strive to be...
Read it again but slowly.

San Jose should pass on Celebrini because they already have Will Smith and their defense is shit.

Oilers should have passed on McDavid and picked Hanifin since they already had Draisaitl.
Strike 2.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You guys are worse than my students at reading comprehension.

Strike 2.
Read all the posts here about why we should pick Demidov and read all the various articles and scouting reports about him.

And then learn what BPA stands for and why Kyle Davidson keeps saying it in regards to who we're taking.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I've made it clear that I think Demidov is the 2nd best prospect in this class, if Kyle from Chicago thinks someone else is, then pick that guy and don't worry about what position they play or with what hand.

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
My argument for Demidov is that I think he’s the most talented player available to the Blackhawks at #2.

If you think Levshunov is the best player available to the Blackhawks at #2, fine. But the reasons given for that should be his play and his play alone. Not his handedness or the 2025 draft or whatever other random stuff has been said.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Man I wish someone like Barkov was available this draft
I wish this draft had literally anyone who was a lock for #2.

In a draft like like this, you just know whoever the Blackhawks take won't end up being the second best player in the class.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Man I wish someone like Barkov was available this draft

This is from Button's 2025 draft write up from November.

"The second player on Button’s list to watch for is Swedish centre Anton Frondell, who is fresh off captaining his country to bronze at the U17s. He had six goals and an assist in seven games at the tournament.

This season, the 16-year-old has nine goals and 19 points in 12 games skating with Djurgardens J20 squad.

“Strong, two-way centre,” said Button of Frondell. “You watch him play and he’s got the well-rounded, two-way game like [Aleksander] Barkov. Good everywhere on the ice, no matter where – with or without the puck, offensively, defensively, playmaking, scoring, killing penalties. He’s the real deal.”

Maybe we can draft him next season. Who knows.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad