Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Watched a few Michigan State games yesterday and holy crap is the Seth Jones comp accurate with Lev. Don’t see the appeal of taking him over Buium if we are going D. Buium has more of the it factor and much more puck dominant which I like. That being said I hope the pick is Demidov

Yeah definitely reminds me of Seth Jones too. All the tools, but not the brain.

Honestly the idea of adding another Seth Jones for the next 10 years makes me vomit. Not the type of defensemen we should be aiming for.

For me it's a clear Demidov at 2. Nobody has the type of play driving, game breaking ceiling. His floor is good too because he competes and cares about defense. I envision adding the long term side kick to Bedard and I'm smiling ear to ear.

Only question to me is if KDs gonna like Demidov's skating. We know his thoughts on skating so...

The player that most fits the KD type this time I think is Iginla and Lindstrom. They're probably going to be the Oliver Moore's of this year in terms of hard on. I like both.

My ideal scenario is Demidov at 2 and using assets to move into the top 15 for Iginla or Lindstrom or even Sennecke or Catton.

Get two dynamic top six forwards. Quality over quantity.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Not a bad choice demimedov has higher bust potential seemingly than Levshunov but at the same time that is unpredictable as players with high floors busted before, but, you either get a future top line elite wing that drives offense or you get a top pair rhd that can move the puck and provide good offense from the point, not a bad choice either way

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Demidov at 2.

Trade #20, Leafs 1st, and #34 for a top 10 pick to grab a falling Lindstrom or Parekh.
I’d love trading that package for another top 10 pick. Buium at #2 and then a falling Lindstrom/Catton/Iginla

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
What do you guys think of this?

Hawks trade: 2nd oa + 3rd round pick (2024)

Montreal trades: 5th oa + Winnipeg 1st round pick + Pittsburg 2025 2nd round pick

Hawks draft one of Lindstrom, Levshunov, or Buium

Montreal drafts Demidov

I really wouldn't mind the value, but I'd be happy to stay where were at to take Demidov

I think no. Make the 2nd damn pick.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
been reading and watching alot since the 2nd pick became a lock

as much as I have my slight concerns about drafting Demidov I just don't see how the hawks don't select him. they must be salivating at the possibility of having a group of potential core guys including Bedard, Demidov, Nazar, Moore, Riechel, Vlassic, EDM, Korchenski, Slaggart, Kantserov, Rinzel, Philips, Kaiser, Commesso, Gajan etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: ray c

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
but you voted for Demidov...
Yeah. I think he's clearly the 2nd best player in this draft and we should be picking the best player at #2. If we're rolling the dice on a player, I'd rather go with Lindstrom over the dmen. I'm just not as high on these dmen as others are, I don't really see any of them being potential #1 dmen. If we need a talented but flawed RHD so much, then trade up from 20 to get Yakemchuk.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Not exactly.

7 months, 22 days.
I mean in terms of development.

Demidov has an extra year of development due to his age.

Like let's say Demidov was in the WHL. Iginla was drafted in the 2021 Bantam Draft. Demidov would have been class of 2020.

Yakemchuk is like that. He was drafted class of 2020, the same time as Connor Bedard, Zach Benson, etc. He's played one full season more of WHL hockey than Tij Iginla.

Does that make sense?

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
been reading and watching alot since the 2nd pick became a lock

as much as I have my slight concerns about drafting Demidov I just don't see how the hawks don't select him. they must be salivating at the possibility of having a group of potential core guys including Bedard, Demidov, Nazar, Moore, Riechel, Vlassic, EDM, Korchenski, Slaggart, Kantserov, Rinzel, Philips, Kaiser, Commesso, Gajan etc.

Here's one of his KHL games against competent defense, he had four this season with limited minutes but also zero production. I imagine they all look about like this game does.

There are some okay shifts but overall the D was ready for whatever he had to throw at them in terms of him & the plays he sets up in those minutes. Point is, he didn't do much that fooled anyone.

It's a small sample size but it's one that should help set expectations for his current age/size.

Reactions: hawksrule

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad