who should replace J-vo and maybe Neids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attica

Feb 21, 2004
The Office
I think Jovo and Neids are the players that belong on this team first and foremost, but if Neids goes down like Jovo, the players I would like to see are McCabe and Phaneuf, Phaneuf moreso.

It should be said that I hate, despise and loathe the calgary flames, their fans, and anyone named darryl sutter, but I think Phaneuf should be on the team, he has had a huge impact in Calgary, and his overall ability, combined with a fantastic shot and bone-crunching hitting ability, his impact on team canada would be worth the risk of bringing in a rookie.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
doan and st louis off

staal, spezza on

shoulda been that way at least

i dont see the logic in trying to reproduce the line that won the cup 2 years ago. i'd rather have the guy leading the first place team in the league (Staal) or recreate the magic that is Heatley/Spezza who are actually producing NOW and not A WHILE AGO

Phanuthier*

I personally think Phaneuf is better then all those player right now (forget experiance) and better then some of the top 6 players on the roster right now (ie. Robyn Regehr).

EDIT: Should probably mention that because Boyle and Bouwmeester have played for Canada at a high level, I think both will be picked before Phaneuf, which is completely reasonable.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
McCabe should for sure be one, he was practically given a guarentee by being on the taxi squad. For the second spot, I'd have to say Boyle.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Lecavilier_4 said:
Ok... Tampa is 15th, first of all... and according to your logic...

Columbus is 26th in the league... Kick off Foote and Nash...
Florida is 24th in the league... Kick off Luongo...
Toronto is 18th in the league... Kick off McCabe...
Phoenix is 17th in the league... Kick off Doan...

No, according to his logic, players that are more deserving should be on the team instead of players who are doing absolutley nothing for their teams. Foote is anchoring CBJ's defence while Nash is on a tear offensivley. Luongo is the only reason Florida isn't 0-50. McCabe is on the TAXI sqaud, (although probably the main roster now) and Toronto didn't start losing untill after he was INJURED. And yes, please kick off Doan, he doesn't deserve to be on the team, he's only there because Wayne threw a hissy fit to get him there. Since I know you will bring up the fact that players like Iginla aren't producing points either, at least his team is winning and he is contributing in other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad