Who Should Have Been Picked for Both the Canadien and US WJ Team and Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
FiveforFighting said:
Just Curious What everyone's thought's are in terms of who should have been considered for there respective teams Canada and United States and Why? Please Keep it positive! :teach:[/QU

Maybe I wrote this wrong. Who should have made the Team and why but didn't ?

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
FiveforFighting said:
FiveforFighting said:
Just Curious What everyone's thought's are in terms of who should have been considered for there respective teams Canada and United States and Why? Please Keep it positive! :teach:[/QU

I guessing Corey Locke, Pouliot. and MAYBE MURRAY.... USA stole us him......

BCCHL inactive

FiveforFighting said:

Team Canada's selection camp starts tomorrow. There is still a good week before we have a good impression of what the team will look like.

And as for Corey Locke, that kid is the definition of the word "overrated". Yes, he can put points on the board, but he can't do anything else.

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
SpezNc said:
I guessing Corey Locke, Pouliot. and MAYBE MURRAY.... USA stole us him......

Is Murray that Good? And Should the US have picked him even though he didn't attend their Junior camp in August? It seems Corey Lock should have made the evaluation camp because anyone who has a nose for the net like him could prove to be a big asset specially if the team is down by a goal. Pouliot hasn't played that many games: Is He injured?

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Crosby87 said:
Locke, S.Bernier, M.A Pouliot, and Dany Roussin

I'm surprised about Bernier considering the amount of points he has put up past and present. He's pretty tough to move in front of the net from what I understand and seems to be able to fill the net. Why do you think He didn't make the evaluation camp?

hottie_magnet

Corey Locke being overrated.....

I totally agree! Apparently he also has a huge attitude also which isn't gonna get him anywhere! From what i have heard this is one of the reasons why he didn't make the team last year despite the fact that he was one of the top scorers in the chl....if not the top if i remember correctly!

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Komi#1 said:
Why Hugh Jessiman is not invited by the US ???

Good Pick. Drafted in the first round by the Rangers I believe. Maybe the US coaches know something that the Rangers don't. I'm not sure what the number is but there are doesn't seem to be many players from the New England Area on the Team. Do you think they are out scouting many games in the New England Area?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
FiveforFighting said:
Good Pick. Drafted in the first round by the Rangers I believe. Maybe the US coaches know something that the Rangers don't. I'm not sure what the number is but there are doesn't seem to be many players from the New England Area on the Team. Do you think they are out scouting many games in the New England Area?

Maybe the fact that Hugh is a HUGE project and isn't ready?

Everyone's known about that since before the draft -- it's nothing new.

He needs a lot of work.

Nicster65

May 14, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Van said:
Team Canada's selection camp starts tomorrow. There is still a good week before we have a good impression of what the team will look like.

And as for Corey Locke, that kid is the definition of the word "overrated". Yes, he can put points on the board, but he can't do anything else.

.............interesting opinion from someone from as far away as Prince George.........What could you possibly be basing your opinion on?

If anything I think MCaskey is "underrating" his ability to find the net
.......which is what this years edition of the Canadian Team will have trouble doing.......

.....I am thankful for Fleury..........Poulliot is a tough one to overlook as well......................Henrich??????

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
FiveforFighting said:
Is Murray that Good? And Should the US have picked him even though he didn't attend their Junior camp in August? It seems Corey Lock should have made the evaluation camp because anyone who has a nose for the net like him could prove to be a big asset specially if the team is down by a goal. Pouliot hasn't played that many games: Is He injured?

I dunno... But he is a 19 yr old.... Team Canada is lacking 19 yr old players...

Murray is playing really well in the NCAA...

and Canada were happy in the past withs some NCAA players.. I just think about Mike Cammaleri... I guess Tambellini will be just as good (I'm crossing my fingers).

But I never see Murray play. So, maybe he is not that good for crack the Canadian team.. But he definitely got a great look by Team Canada....

But I think, from what I read, that he is a player best suited of Intl. Tournament.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
hottie_magnet said:
Corey Locke being overrated.....

I totally agree! Apparently he also has a huge attitude also which isn't gonna get him anywhere! From what i have heard this is one of the reasons why he didn't make the team last year despite the fact that he was one of the top scorers in the chl....if not the top if i remember correctly!

I've never heard that Locke has a huge attitude. He was their leader last year (even if Bell was the captain) and is their captain this season. If he had a bad attitude, somebody like Matt Albiani would have gotten the C. Having lived in Ottawa up until this September and even now still reading the newspaper online, I've never heard any major criticism of Locke's attitude.

He didn't make the team becasue of his skating deficiencies and to a lesser extent, his lack of size.

BCCHL inactive

Nicster65 said:
.............interesting opinion from someone from as far away as Prince George.........What could you possibly be basing your opinion on?

Scouting opinions from around the country that have said the same thing. If he is such a great player, and such a "nose for the net", why did Montreal wait until Round #4 to draft him this summer? Hell, some scouts think Locke was lucky to go as high as round 4.

Also, he was leading the CHL in scoring last year, and was not considered for this team because the rest of his game was lacking....He is not scoring at near the pace he was last season, so why should he be considered this year?

Scoring points is not everything, and it is all Corey Locke can do.

FlyersFan10*

Van said:
Scoring points is not everything, and it is all Corey Locke can do.

....and you must have your head stuck up your a$$ if you really believe that. If you were to know anything about a Brian Kilrea-coached team, you would know that EVERY player on his team knows about something called "defense" and if you don't play defense, you don't play. While I do agree that Locke's skating ability isn't great, it isn't bad. As well, Locke is a sound positional player and has that knack for being in the right place at the right time. So, before you spew any more garbage, learn your facts first.

BCCHL inactive

FlyersFan10 said:
....and you must have your head stuck up your a$$ if you really believe that. If you were to know anything about a Brian Kilrea-coached team, you would know that EVERY player on his team knows about something called "defense" and if you don't play defense, you don't play. While I do agree that Locke's skating ability isn't great, it isn't bad. As well, Locke is a sound positional player and has that knack for being in the right place at the right time. So, before you spew any more garbage, learn your facts first.

I could care less if you agree with my opinions or not. But if you cannot respond without being so bloody arrogant and disrespectful, then you do not deserve a response.

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Reveille said:
Maybe the fact that Hugh is a HUGE project and isn't ready?

Everyone's known about that since before the draft -- it's nothing new.

He needs a lot of work.

That's a good point! They probably did draft him on future potential but he did play very well last year.

How is he doing this season? Has anybody seen him play lately?

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
montreal said:
Urquhart, Lambert and Locke. All should have been invited to selection camp, IMO.

Looks like Urquhart is having a great year. If Canada needed some production he could be good. Can someone give us a report on him as to his all around play? :teach:

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Crosby87 said:
Locke, S.Bernier, M.A Pouliot, and Dany Roussin

Roussin is having a great season. looks as though he would be a great compliment to his young linemate. There must be some great plays being made on that line. What kind of player is he? Does he play defense too?

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Van said:
I could care less if you agree with my opinions or not. But if you cannot respond without being so bloody arrogant and disrespectful, then you do not deserve a response.

Lets keep it positive! Locke certainly has put up the numbers to be considered and is obviously an excellent player that you would love to have on your team. I have heard he is small but so is Samsonov, Bouchard and StLouis etc.

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
RoadWarrior said:
Jeremy Williams, Tyler Redenbach, Cory Urquhart, Michael Lambert, Marc-Antoine Pouliot

Hi Road Warrior

I'm not very familiar with Jeremy Williams or Tyler Redenbach. Can you give us some info? Sorry maybe I should Know these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad