• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
2018 draft
1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Zadina
By the looks of things it is going to be a dman here.
I did the draft simulator today and with my first spin EDM got the 1st pick.
Did about 6 more and EDM got top 3 on more time.
So, here we go who should EDM pick if they have the 4th over all pick.
I know that we can not draft 4, 5, or 6 put it is still part of the process.
If there are any names you think that should be added let me know.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I went with Bouchard, I have not watched him play but everything I read he sounds perfect, good size, great passer, run a PP and shoots right.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
There are certain drafts where it's center heavy, that is, years down the line you see how many NHL impact centres were produced in that draft. There are years where it's Defenceman heavy. This year looks to be a prototypical Dmen year with Dahlin leading the pack. The Oilers NEED to take a Dman this year. And they should target the one with the best offensive potential.

Reactions: Aerrol and snipes

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
There are certain drafts where it's center heavy, that is, years down the line you see how many NHL impact centres were produced in that draft. There are years where it's Defenceman heavy. This year looks to be a prototypical Dmen year with Dahlin leading the pack. The Oilers NEED to take a Dman this year. And they should target the one with the best offensive potential.
I agree but this year is also heavy for top end wingers. Very difficult draft to decide who to pick after the top 3 picks. Dmen have a history of flopping and don’t turn out a lot of times. That is what makes it harder to decide.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I voted Boqvist at 3, so Boqvist obviously here. I'd be furious if we passed on him at 4 haha. (Though that's impossible now, isn't it? We either pick 1,2,3 or much lower)

Also next vote should probably have Ty Smith on it. He likely won't get picked for a bit but I know a few here are really high on him and would like to vote for him.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Boqvist followed closely by Hughes. Both among the best skaters in the draft and offensively gifted defensemen who can fix our flaccid power play. Boqvist gets the slight edge due to being a right handed shot.

Also can we just remove Barrett Hayton from the list? Dude is the last player in the top 15 or so we should be taking due to position played (center), skillset (poor skater, limited top end skill), and the fact that he's just not that good. Dude is like the 7th best offensive player on his team (Frost/Raddysh/Katchouk/Gettinger/Kopacka/Verbeek are all better than him). Someone is going to take this guy too high due to him being a center and going to be very very disappointed. I personally wouldn't touch him with a 20 foot pole.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I keep changing my mind on defenseman in this draft, they're all so promising. Honestly considered each of Boqvist, Bouchard and Hughes here. Went with Boqvist.

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
The Dman we need, needs to be able to step in at the start of 2020 at the very latest. I think Bouchard will be able to step in next year and be a productive player. Boqvist and Hughes are not pro level ready at all. But any of the 3 are a fine choice

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
The Dman we need, needs to be able to step in at the start of 2020 at the very latest. I think Bouchard will be able to step in next year and be a productive player. Boqvist and Hughes are not pro level ready at all. But any of the 3 are a fine choice
I'd rather stay away from the one with skating issues. I would personally consider take Dobson over Bouchard for that reason.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Boqvist followed closely by Hughes. Both among the best skaters in the draft and offensively gifted defensemen who can fix our flaccid power play. Boqvist gets the slight edge due to being a right handed shot.

Also can we just remove Barrett Hayton from the list? Dude is the last player in the top 15 or so we should be taking due to position played (center), skillset (poor skater, limited top end skill), and the fact that he's just not that good. Dude is like the 7th best offensive player on his team (Frost/Raddysh/Katchouk/Gettinger/Kopacka/Verbeek are all better than him). Someone is going to take this guy too high due to him being a center and going to be very very disappointed. I personally wouldn't touch him with a 20 foot pole.
Hayton is playing on a monster CHL team and getting limited minutes, but still producing. One of the youngest players in the draft. I agree with your comment about Centre, but Oilers need for a strong 2-way forward is undeniable. Someone to quietly compliment the superstars and do whatever it takes to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad