Who should be the next Leafs coach?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Try and be realistic . I am wondering who your choice is and if you can give a reasoning why. I suspect we'll have the pick of the lot, we're a big market who can pay well and have a good team. You even get us a few rounds in you are made

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This guy:
1714952446924.gif

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Sullivan is horrible please dont go after him. Pens PP is as crap as the leafs

Berube is pretty meh. Hes just okay

I would see Woodcroft as an optiom with Bruce Boudreau as PP coach

Reactions: fahad203

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
There's actually a few good options available right now, which is great.

I'd go for Gerard Galant. He has a tendency to get lots out of depth players, he's got lots of experience. But most importantly he's a firm coach that isn't a dinosaur.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Berube would be meh, if the core is exact same. Q would excite me a lot even if the core stays the same. There is a lot of work to do on the roster regardless.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I wanted Laviolette last year if Keefe was fired, I don't see an option out there this year I'm totally on board with if they make a change.

Zero interest in a Woodcroft or a players coach. I want a hard ass, demanding coach who is detail oriented.

I'll go with a different name. Claude Julien.

Last edited:

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I'd be willing to give Berube a shot. I don't know if that's the absolute best option out there, but we definitely need a different looking coaching staff. With the way our team is built, the PP should be top 5 in the league (minimum) in the PO's; not that disorganized piece of crap from units 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leafshater67

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Sullivan is horrible please dont go after him. Pens PP is as crap as the leafs

Berube is pretty meh. Hes just okay

I would see Woodcroft as an optiom with Bruce Boudreau as PP coach
No to Woody for me. Finding another coach who found ways to fail with a top heavy team isn't a move forward. Knoblauch came out of nowhere basically to make that club a contender. If they can find someone who has actually won something I am on board with that.

I don't know about Sullivan. He won when his stars were in their prime but with their decline and the Pens limited depth he couldn't keep it up. But if you look at his 46 win lineup from 21-22 that was not a great team. We know from experience having a couple guys shooting the lights out at the top of the roster doesn't take you too far. I would still trust him more than Woodcroft but they won't be asking for my vote:)

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Want Q but berube will definitely be the coach of this team next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad