• Rafael Palmeiro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Todd Bertuzzi

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other. Please post.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Lance Armstrong who seems to an all-around asshole.

HM: Roger Clemens, and the unmentioned Pete Rose and Jimmy Connors. O.J. Simpson, too, who should have a special category all to himself.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Armstrong IMO. Every sport has cheaters. But his transgressions transcended his sport and in terms of longevity of cheating and associated tactics his career stands alone.

HM to OJ, who was still the worst when comparing all legendary athletes at their worst (i.e. peak vs career)

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
As some have said above, OJ should be in a category by himself.

I’d throw Ile Nastase, John McEnroe, Ty Cobb, Karl Malone and Bobby Clarke in the poll too

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I mean...I don't like plenty of athletes....buuuuuut it's hard to rank them as worse than an actual murderer....

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Obviously OJ, but I never followed him when he was an active athlete - so for me Tiger Woods.

I usually don't have much emotions towards people I don't know (on a personal level), but I can't stand Tiger Woods.

Ryan Giggs should have been on that list - but I guess that is more for the Europeans.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It used to be Michael Schumacher.
But... ehhrrrmmm... That's not a take that aged very well. Kindof a reverse OJ.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I mean, when we talk about away from the athletic fields, we will get the criminals who will stand high on these lists.

But I don't think I hated anyone on their respective athletic surfaces. I certainly felt there were some villains in sports, but thats not the same thing. I always find it adds extra spice to a match when you add a villain you want to see lose.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
O.J. Simpson was a mostly respected and admired athlete when he played. Pete Rose, among my favorites from my youth, was almost universally disliked by opposing fan bases yet brought people out to ballparks from coast-to-coast. Some would consider the label a badge of honor and that isn't limited to Rose. There are other athletes in sports who were derided when they played while others became scorned following their playing achievements. People can interpret the purpose of the thread differently but though not asked I would limit the dislike to the person's playing days rather than the actions from post-retirement.

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
Ryan Giggs should have been on that list - but I guess that is more for the Europeans.

Ryan? Why?? He's one of the nicest football players of all time. Always loyal to his club. Don't you mistake him for someone else?

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
It's hard to argue with OJ considering he's a murderer but for me it starts and ends with Serena Williams because of her on court behaviour and her lack of grace when it comes to opponents beating her.

Reactions: frisco and TNT87

HurricaneFanatic

Jan 16, 2020
OJ of course, but of those that aren't criminals, easily Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong. A-Rod too considering he tried to act like a good guy while lying to our faces.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sun Yang, the whiny Chinese swimmer that destroyed his doping samples and became a national martyr for a while after being banned.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I chose OJ because he is in the hall of fame of ass hole athletes. Murder topped the list but he was not limited to just that. An incredibly violent man, smart as a dump truck and has continued to be an ass..armed robbery being the crime that got him the most time.

I know it may be unpatriotic but I have come to really dislike Genie Bouchard. Nothing intelligent ever comes out of her mouth...ever. I can't stand watching her play tennis...she is a mental midget...positively no character or guts... Dumb as a boot. What she ought to do is make as much money on her looks as she can because once that fades... her options will be limited

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad