Who is the most sensitive athlete in sports history?

Who are the most sensitive athletes in sports history?

• Terrell Owens

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Mike Tyson

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Allen Iverson

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Floyd Mayweather Jr.

• Chris Bosh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rasheed Wallace

• LeBron James

• Cristiano Ronaldo

• John McEnroe

• Kevin Garnett

• LaDainian Tomlinson

• Barry Bonds

• Serena Williams

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Kevin Durant

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Other. Please post.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Went with Ronaldo on the list, but thought about Carmelo Anthony a lot.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Serena Williams. I respect her talent a lot but her "the whole world is always against me" attitude is beyond cringe-worthy. Whenever a call doesn't go her way she always finds a way to connect it to 'gender inequality.'

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Mike Tyson, although not "sensitive" in the way you'd usually think. I think he got genuinely angry at his opponents and channeled that to be a truly intimidating force.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Surprised Neymar isn't an option.

The stiffest breeze is enough to send him cartwheeling down the pitch, screaming in faux-agony. Now that's sensitive.

HM to Serena, as others have mentioned. She's dialed it back recently, but for a while she was insufferable. Whined and cried whenever she didn't get her way. I guess being top of the field for so long affects people differently, once that inevitable descent starts.

Madison will cry even if you just look at him after a home run.

I always felt that way about Brian McCann.

Every time there's a dust-up following a home run, or heated words, it seems like he was almost always the catalyst. :help:

Reactions: mmvvpp

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I actually feel a bit bad for Rasheed. Him getting technical fouls became a parody in itself.

The officials seemed to despise him, and it got to the point where all sheed had to do was stare at the refs to get the call. At that point, the problem becomes the officials, not sheed.

member 305909

What about John McEnroe? Except that many of his tantrums were fake. People expected him to behave badly and were disappointed if he didn't. Never mind the match.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
What about John McEnroe? Except that many of his tantrums were fake. People expected him to behave badly and were disappointed if he didn't. Never mind the match.
I heard McEnroe recently say that if he had the Eagle-Eye replay system that we have now during his day, he would have been one of the most mild-mannered guys on tour. It was a fact of life in tennis in those days that you'd see a ball from your opponent go out, get called in, and he would go bonkers cause there was nothing he could do about it...

member 305909

Indeed, it has been admitted that McEnroe was right most of the time he made a scene about calls he felt had gone unfairly against him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad