Who is the Devils' 1C?

Who has been the New Jersey Devils' 1C this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Yeah so Hughes is definitely our 1C but he plays on what is regularly termed the second line. It doesn't make sense to me either.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Nico is a center, Jack is more of a hybrid. Nico is the 1C atm. But the team is also lacking a true 1C. Nico or Jack arent good enough. Jack's overall gameplay is still not elite even tho he scores alot. Nico is doing well but cant score 5v5 or be an offensive force as a 1C is expected to be.

Nico would kill it as a winger, tho.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Nico is a center, Jack is more of a hybrid. Nico is the 1C atm. But the team is also lacking a true 1C. Nico or Jack arent good enough. Jack's overall gameplay is still not elite even tho he scores alot. Nico is doing well but cant score 5v5 or be an offensive force as a 1C is expected to be.

1673835420796.gif

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Wait, was this a serious post?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

are you being serious with this, or?

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

Please tell me you forgot the :sarcasm: emoji

Reactions: Guadana

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

trim6AC0AD56-2F87-44DE-8115-C797.gif

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hughes is the Devils #1C.

I’d also argue Hischier is also a #1C, but Hughes is definitely the guy on the Devils.

That being said, I don’t think Hughes is nearly as effective without having Hischier taking matchups on the other line.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hughes is the Devils #1C.

I’d also argue Hischier is also a #1C, but Hughes is definitely the guy on the Devils.

That being said, I don’t think Hughes is nearly as effective without having Hischier taking matchups on the other line.
I think you have to define 1C. In terms of talent it’s obviously Hughes. In terms of well rounded game you could say Hischier but Jack’s offensive impacts are so good that Hischier’s job as a matchup center is his most important work. Devils are fortunate to have both. NJ is one of thr league’s better teams and they have one bona fide top six wing in my view. That’s largely on the shoulders of the two centers.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I guess im personally just Pejorative Slured, but i dont see a dominant 1C in the current Nico or Jack. Both of them are amazing players but in my book neither of them fit the classic 1C role perfectly.

Maybe the game is developing as well, player roles arent as set in stone as they used to be. That's what i also meant by Jack being a hybrid, he has played very well on Haula's wing this season. I find it difficult to label him as 1C due to that, he is such a versatile player.

When i think of 1C i have Crosby-esque players on my mind. Perhaps my personal standards for 1C are sky-high and unattainable. In a few years' time they both might be clear cut 1C. In particular Jack, he has the skill set for it but is still very young. If he currently needs Haula to do the faceoff for him, then clearly that is a major issue for him as a center player.

Nico is in my opinion currently the 1C of Devils, as in the best player for the center position. But i personally think his closest comparable is Mikko Koivu+, not Bergeron as suggested by many Devs fans. Happy to eat crow on this, guess im a bit pessimistic on him.

These two guys are in my top 3 favorite players for the Devils, i rock a Hischier jersey to games, so am not shitting them for fun. Some playoff heroics by either of them would probably bring me to the 1C camp. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I guess im personally just Pejorative Slured, but i dont see a dominant 1C in the current Nico or Jack. Both of them are amazing players but in my book neither of them fit the classic 1C role perfectly.

Maybe the game is developing as well, player roles arent as set in stone as they used to be. That's what i also meant by Jack being a hybrid, he has played very well on Haula's wing this season. I find it difficult to label him as 1C due to that, he is such a versatile player.

When i think of 1C i have Crosby-esque players on my mind. Perhaps my personal standards for 1C are sky-high and unattainable. In a few years' time they both might be clear cut 1C. In particular Jack, he has the skill set for it but is still very young. If he currently needs Haula to do the faceoff for him, then clearly that is a major issue for him as a center player.

Nico is in my opinion currently the 1C of Devils, as in the best player for the center position. But i personally think his closest comparable is Mikko Koivu+, not Bergeron as suggested by many Devs fans. Happy to eat crow on this, guess im a bit pessimistic on him.

These two guys are in my top 3 favorite players for the Devils, i rock a Hischier jersey to games, so am not shitting them for fun. Some playoff heroics by either of them would probably bring me to the 1C camp. :)
Except for Crosby, who fits that 1C role perfectly then? Based on your criteria, he’s most likely the only one in the NHL, no? I can’t think of anyone other than him as elite in both zones.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

What’s your “sky high” examples of a 1C beyond Crosby? List all the current ones in the NHL, it shouldn’t take long if we don’t have one.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Think the poll results answered the question for the OP who didn’t realize the beehive he was about to kick, and at this point letting the thread continue would lead it down a thousand miles of bad road since some of you can’t restrain yourselves

Reactions: Cheddabombs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad