• Nikita Susuyev

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jérémie Biakabutuka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I voted for Buchinger here but I’m surprised how few votes Tucker is getting relative to Alexandrov. Both guys don’t have overly high ceilings but about the same level of likely impact IMO. Perhaps I just value d-men a little higher or maybe it’s the physical edge Tucker brings but I value him slightly more than Alexandrov.
I think Alexandrov has some upside. His AHL production last year was pretty impressive and I thought his shot actually looked fairly dangerous against NHL goalies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
but if his role is bottom six, than we should be evaluating him on how he does against other bottom six players
not sure if he will ever be more than an average 4th line player, but I would take him in a heartbeat over Mac, to my eyes Mac makes Toro look like Mathews in comparison (in fairness, my eye test has failed me before and surely will do so again)
if he is only gonna be marginal bottom 4th liner, we have other remaining prospects that have more upside than that.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I voted for Buchinger here but I’m surprised how few votes Tucker is getting relative to Alexandrov. Both guys don’t have overly high ceilings but about the same level of likely impact IMO. Perhaps I just value d-men a little higher or maybe it’s the physical edge Tucker brings but I value him slightly more than Alexandrov.
I’d rather vote for a guy who has a 10% chance at being a top-6 forward (like Vorobyov) over a guy who has an 80% chance of being an NHL depth player. A sixth/seventh defenseman (which is what Tucker profiles as) can be found for near league minimum at anytime. A face-punching depth D-man moves the needle very little when it comes to generating excitement; but no doubt it’s a valuable role that his teammates are appreciative of. But it’s a roster-filler of a position that can be filled on the cheap, with the role itself being more valuable than the player who fills it.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I’d rather vote for a guy who has a 10% chance at being a top-6 forward (like Vorobyov) over a guy who has an 80% chance of being an NHL depth player. A sixth/seventh defenseman (which is what Tucker profiles as) can be found for near league minimum at anytime. A face-punching depth D-man moves the needle very little when it comes to generating excitement; but no doubt it’s a valuable role that his teammates are appreciative of. But it’s a roster-filler of a position that can be filled on the cheap, with the role itself being more valuable than the player who fills it.
The bolded is how I rank the value of prospects altogether. Potential is king when it comes to prospects. There can be exceptions, though. Sometimes proximity to NHL, position, and floor can add up to be enough for a prospect to overcome a guy with a higher ceiling. An example would be a Neighbours or a Dean being ranked ahead of a guy like Vorobyov. Neighbours is essentially an NHL'r at this point, and Dean is very close and plays center. Vorobyov has a higher ceiling, lower floor, and is likely a few years at least away from the NHL. These things can change quickly though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad