Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jérémie Biakabutuka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Back to Zherenko. I was torn between him and Lindstein last time. Without Lindstein, he is my clear choice. I have a feeling he will be my clear choice for the next several polls.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Give me Alexandrov again. He’s NHL ready and his production once he was sent back to the AHL gives me hope that he could be a top nine option in the near future.

Reactions: Stealth JD

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I'll take Alexandrov. Probably a solid bottom six forward, but there's still upside for a breakout this season. I think you can also make a good case for Buchinger, and I'm not that knowledgeable about goalies but possibly Zherenko as well.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Going with Buchinger. I think he’s going to be one of the top offensive d-men in the OHL this season. If all goes right for him, he’ll be very similar to Vince Dunn. That’s way more valuable than an Alexandrov or Tucker IMO.

No guarantee he makes it but finding guys like Tucker and Alexandrov isn’t overly hard or expensive. A top-4 offensive d-man can be very valuable.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I hope, for The Blues' sake, that the best prospect left is one of Buchinger, Lööf (The Unpronouncible), or Tucker. But, I also seem to have higher hopes for Robertsson's offensive upside than most on this board. Alexandrov has already proven that he can play in The NHL and be productive. But, I think All those I've listed are in the same tier and it's difficult to justify sticking one ahead of the others. And, of course Ellis, with a long way to go in his career, being a goalie is impossible to judge against skaters. And Pekarcik, Burns and Kessell could probably be thrown in there, as well. After the next 3 or so, there's probably no use in my voting.

Despite my lack of a crystal ball, I voted for Buchinger.

How funny would Leo's family name sound to us English speakers? "Leur-eurff"? Sort of like a choking hiccup? Where is our resident Lappilainen when we need him?

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Buchinger easily. He's our best offensive defenseman in our system - professional and minors. In my opinion, at his peak, he's a number three defenseman and very good - if not elite - powerplay quarterback.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Buchinger, top-4 Defenseman potential. After Buchinger and Pekarcik are picked, IMO there are no more players that have higher than 3rd/4th line or bottom-6 pairing potential.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Also went with Buchinger. I was really impressed with his highlights throughout the season, and I also value top 4 upside over bottom 6.

With that said, I understand why people would vote for Alexandrov here. He’s NHL ready, and had himself a really good season last year. I think he arrived a year earlier than expected, as well.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
I factor in upside pretty heavily when I vote in these polls. Because defensemen tend to develop later than forwards, I still give Buchinger an edge because I think he can be a legit top pairing D-man.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I voted burns. I’m not sold on either Alexandrov or Buchinger so went for burns upside.

Alexandrov isn’t waivers exempt and I’m not clear that there is a spot for him In lineup. He struggled defensively and on face offs, so I question whether he sticks at center. if not, he’s just a bottom 6 winger with no standout skill.

i like Buchinger feet but not sure about rest. He moves like Dunn but does he have the toughness to win individual battles? Or is he just slightly undersized mobile defenseman who can’t run a pp? Bc the next Calle Rosen doesn’t really excite me.

burns has good size, toughness, mobility, can play either side. He is raw and long ways from nhl, but he has legit top 4 (or better) upside if he can put it together. This is stage of polls where we are sorting through guys who either have less upside or are further away (or both). Chances are couple might exceed our expectations. I’m gonna guess that burns could be one to do that.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Voted Alexandrov, his AHL numbers have been similar to Barbashev's, and I think he could end up being that sort of player, that's a great piece to have.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I voted burns. I’m not sold on either Alexandrov or Buchinger so went for burns upside.

Alexandrov isn’t waivers exempt and I’m not clear that there is a spot for him In lineup. He struggled defensively and on face offs, so I question whether he sticks at center. if not, he’s just a bottom 6 winger with no standout skill.

i like Buchinger feet but not sure about rest. He moves like Dunn but does he have the toughness to win individual battles? Or is he just slightly undersized mobile defenseman who can’t run a pp? Bc the next Calle Rosen doesn’t really excite me.

burns has good size, toughness, mobility, can play either side. He is raw and long ways from nhl, but he has legit top 4 (or better) upside if he can put it together. This is stage of polls where we are sorting through guys who either have less upside or are further away (or both). Chances are couple might exceed our expectations. I’m gonna guess that burns could be one to do that.

Not disagreeing but how many rookies are good at faceoffs and defense? Pretty much none that I can think of. O'Reilly maybe. The question is how much can he improve on those areas and I believe he can. Guess we will see this year, but I feel like he's still got a lot of room to grow.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not disagreeing but how many rookies are good at faceoffs and defense? Pretty much none that I can think of. O'Reilly maybe. The question is how much can he improve on those areas and I believe he can. Guess we will see this year, but I feel like he's still got a lot of room to grow.
he can grow, but he was 35% on faceoffs and 45% ES corsi despite heavily sheltered deployment. which means he has great deal of improving he needs to do. and he will be 23 by opening night. so while i expect him to get better at those areas, he isn't that young and would need to make great strides on faceoff and defense to be merely bad.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
he can grow, but he was 35% on faceoffs and 45% ES corsi despite heavily sheltered deployment. which means he has great deal of improving he needs to do. and he will be 23 by opening night. so while i expect him to get better at those areas, he isn't that young and would need to make great strides on faceoff and defense to be merely bad.
I didn’t see any glaring defensive issues. Most of our team had an awful CF%, many notable players being lower than him. His xG share though was actually just over 50%.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I didn’t see any glaring defensive issues. Most of our team had an awful CF%, many notable players being lower than him. His xG share though was actually just over 50%.
He had, what, 65% offensive zone starts? And against bottom 6 players. He does have some skill and I think he can in time carve out role, but he requires waivers to go down and I question whether he can bring more value to big club than guy like Mac Mac.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box

I’m hoping he can stay healthy and get a good look at him. For me, I saw clips. Like what I saw, l but need to see Burns play more. Saw some Loof in him. Maybe undervaluing both players.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
He had, what, 65% offensive zone starts? And against bottom 6 players. He does have some skill and I think he can in time carve out role, but he requires waivers to go down and I question whether he can bring more value to big club than guy like Mac Mac.
but if his role is bottom six, than we should be evaluating him on how he does against other bottom six players
not sure if he will ever be more than an average 4th line player, but I would take him in a heartbeat over Mac, to my eyes Mac makes Toro look like Mathews in comparison (in fairness, my eye test has failed me before and surely will do so again)

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I voted for Buchinger here but I’m surprised how few votes Tucker is getting relative to Alexandrov. Both guys don’t have overly high ceilings but about the same level of likely impact IMO. Perhaps I just value d-men a little higher or maybe it’s the physical edge Tucker brings but I value him slightly more than Alexandrov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad