• Vadim Zherenko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noah Beck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BleedBlueForever

Jun 24, 2015
Went with Bolduc, as I think he has the highest potential out of him and Dean/Neighbors. It helps that he seems receptive to improving the areas requested by the Blues that they had identified for him before last season started (defense and play making from what I remember).

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I don't really rate a prospect by his floor, it's more about what have you done for me lately. There are a lot of players we have that have decent NHL floors, but in terms of "best prospect" I'm more inclined to value that potential they have. I went with Bolduc because he simply has the highest potential of the players left. Guys like Stenberg and Lindstein are almost certainly NHLers, but I don't know what their top end potential will be. Bolduc has the 1st line forward upside and I don't think anyone is as close to that as he is. Stenberg could surprise, but he'll likely be the type of player that Steen was - great two-way forward, 50-60 points, able to move around the lineup easily.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
For prospects 3-8, I see very little room between them, and I'd accept any order.

Dvorsky is clear #1 and Snuggs is clear #2. Between Hofer, Bolduc, Neighbours, Dean, Stenberg, and Lindstein, I can see arguments for any order. Then we have a next tier of pretty solid guys in Zherenko, Alexandrov, Buchinger, and some others that I'll need more time figuring out where they belong.

Reactions: Reality Czech

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
For prospects 3-8, I see very little room between them, and I'd accept any order.

Dvorsky is clear #1 and Snuggs is clear #2. Between Hofer, Bolduc, Neighbours, Dean, Stenberg, and Lindstein, I can see arguments for any order. Then we have a next tier of pretty solid guys in Zherenko, Alexandrov, Buchinger, and some others that I'll need more time figuring out where they belong.
Yea the tier system is much more interesting in terms of evaluating prospects, it's tradition to make a prospect list. I don't know if we have a prospect in the S tier, but I think we have a few in the A tier, and lots in the B tier. You could convince me that Dvorsky is in that S tier, but my opinion is that the tier lists are much more elucidating for info on prospects.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
To me, Bolduc and Stenberg have the highest ceilings. Dean and Neighbours are closer to NHL ready. Dean probably will be the best all-around player. But the higher offensive ceilings of Bolduc and Stenberg are tough to dismiss. I think Bolduc has a slight edge on peak offensive potential, but also has the higher bust, or "disappointment" potential (e.g. Stenberg seems to have a higher chance of getting close to his potential peak level. I went with Bolduc, slightly over Stenberg because his offensive skills are many, and at high levels. What scares me about his chances, are that he has not seemed to progress much over the last 2 years in his areas of weakness. aBut, that may be just because we've been watching him closely, with goals for him in mind. We've just drafted Stenberg, and haven't yet tracked his progress. I hope Bolduc will work on his game and justify our worshipping his offensive potential. I think both he and Stenberg will both be regular top-6 NHL forwards. I just don't want to see a bunch of one-dimensional forwards, like Kyrou, playing for The Blues in 3 years.

Reactions: taylord22

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Yea the tier system is much more interesting in terms of evaluating prospects, it's tradition to make a prospect list. I don't know if we have a prospect in the S tier, but I think we have a few in the A tier, and lots in the B tier. You could convince me that Dvorsky is in that S tier, but my opinion is that the tier lists are much more elucidating for info on prospects.
I think it would be a fun exercise for us all to post our rankings in the overall rankings thread with the players ranked but split according to tiers if we can at least agree to what they are before we start

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I think it would be a fun exercise for us all to post our rankings in the overall rankings thread with the players ranked but split according to tiers if we can at least agree to what they are before we start
We have done that in the past and it I think we will likely do that when the prospects are all ranked. I think most of us would have the prospects in similar tiers. It is just a question of preference at that point.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
This is where the poll will get interesting. Kinda why I didn't vote for the 1st 3. I think those were set. This is where things will get interesting.

Prospect wise I always vote for highest upside until you show me a reason not to vote you that high. If Bolduc has horrible AHL year, he will fall from my spot I have him (He's my vote).

Personally my top 8 would be this

Davorsky
Snuggs
Hofer
Bolduc
Dean
Stenberg
Neighbours
Lindstein

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad