15) Quinton Burns - 36%
16) Matthew Kessel - 39%
17) Simon Robertsson - 41%

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Kaskimaki again. Gaudet and koromyslov are only others left that seem to have decent shot at being nhl players.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Koromyslov for the 3rd poll in a row.

Vorobyov might win this poll as he was flashy in prospect camp and Koromyslov is in the dark a bit but give me the d-man that played regular shifts for the KHL’s top team at 18-19 over the forward that put up 1/2 pt per game in the VHL at age 20.

I’d want to see either much more of a two-way game or much more offense out of Vorobyov to consider him a legit NHL prospect. Keep in mind that Landon Sim looked great in prospects camp a year ago. Sometimes non-checking 4 on 4 scrimmages really don’t tell you much.

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Kaskimaki again. Gaudet and koromyslov are only others left that seem to have decent shot at being nhl players.

Agree, (also went with Kaskimaki) however, I'd want to see what Dickinson is still capable of before writing him off. I'm not yet ready to rule out he still has an NHL future as long as his injury hasn't ruined his elite skating ability and if he's able to bulk up (quite a lot).

I'm also intrigued by Nikita Susuyev. There were some scouting agencies that had him in the 3rd round. From what I'm reading he's quite rounded offensively but needs a lot of work on the defensive side. Vorobyev has been getting some votes, but Susuyev seems to be the better Russian forward prospect IMO. Susuyev also already made his KHL debut.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Agree, (also went with Kaskimaki) however, I'd want to see what Dickinson is still capable of before writing him off. I'm not yet ready to rule out he still has an NHL future as long as his injury hasn't ruined his elite skating ability and if he's able to bulk up (quite a lot).

I'm also intrigued by Nikita Susuyev. There were some scouting agencies that had him in the 3rd round. From what I'm reading he's quite rounded offensively but needs a lot of work on the defensive side. Vorobyev has been getting some votes, but Susuyev seems to be the better Russian forward prospect IMO. Susuyev also already made his KHL debut.

Susuyev is an incredible offensive talent. His problem is that he barely even tries defensively, if that. There’s also the issue of him ever coming over; he’s signed to his KHL club until 26/27. He’s a much better prospect than Vorobyov, but at least the latter is here.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Susuyev is an incredible offensive talent. His problem is that he barely even tries defensively, if that. There’s also the issue of him ever coming over; he’s signed to his KHL club until 26/27. He’s a much better prospect than Vorobyov, but at least the latter is here.
Man…imagine if he became our Kaprizov lol

• Love
Reactions: Drubilly

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Man…imagine if he became our Kaprizov lol
office-space-lumbergh.gif

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
Didn't even vote this round or last. We are now officially in the realm of 'these guys won't even see the NHL most likely'

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Didn't even vote this round or last. We are now officially in the realm of 'these guys won't even see the NHL most likely'

Maybe, Maybe not. Some could become 13th forward or 7th dmen - or injury call ups.

What were your expectations for Rosen the last two years? I wouldn't have thought he would see time in the NHL, yet he did do pretty well for his role. It is fun to track and see how they develop over the year.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’ll only vote for a guy I think has a good chance to play NHL games, even if it’s just a cup of coffee and he never becomes a regular.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Maybe, Maybe not. Some could become 13th forward or 7th dmen - or injury call ups.

What were your expectations for Rosen the last two years? I wouldn't have thought he would see time in the NHL, yet he did do pretty well for his role. It is fun to track and see how they develop over the year.
I’d disagree. I bet at least one guy this far down on the list becomes more than a 13th forward or 7th d-man.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I would wait a few more, because I think Kaskimäki, Stancl, Koromzslov, and Vorobyov ALL have SOME chance to make it in The NHL, although the odds are against that. This shows that The Blues' current prospect roster is deeper (larger in potential - at least in number of players with some level of NHL potential) than in most of their history (despite not being the year they were heaviest at the very top).

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

I'm sure someone said the same thing when Tucker, Mikkola, and other guys we drafted late that eventually made the NHL. You never know who will take a step and surprise you.

Reactions: Blueston

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I'm sure someone said the same thing when Tucker, Mikkola, and other guys we drafted late that eventually made the NHL. You never know who will take a step and surprise you.
Exactly. Look at the leap Zherenko took. He’s still not an NHLer but he’s gone from complete obscurity to right on the cusp.

And we still have plenty of 3rd and 4th round picks left. Most 3rd and 4th rounders don’t make it but plenty do, and some of ours have developed decently post draft.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad