10) Michael Buchinger - 60%
11) Juraj Pekarcik - 37%
12) Tyler Tucker - 30%
13) Vadim Zherenko - 46%
14) Leo Loof - 25%

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Burns. Then likely Koromyslov.

Burns brings a lot of attributes that make for a good NHLer. Won’t be a world beater but I think he’ll have a solid career.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Sticking with Robertsson for the 4th straight round. To me he is a boom or bust but that potential boom is higher than anyone left.
I don't see Robertsson that way. To me he looks like a very prototypical bottom six forward. Skates pretty well, plays at high pace, lacks creativity, plays physical, with the bonus of a dangerous shot.

Reactions: Blueston

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I don't see Robertsson that way. To me he looks like a very prototypical bottom six forward. Skates pretty well, plays at high pace, lacks creativity, plays physical, with the bonus of a dangerous shot.
I’m not gonna pretend I’m a prospects expert, especially this late in the list. I guess it’s just the shot for me as far as that boom or bust goes. If all breaks well I guess I just see it could be a middle 6 option, but even if it’s bottom 6 with a great shot that’s not a terrible thing either. Trust me, I hope all these kids come in and kill it so it’s not the end of the world either way lol

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I’m not gonna pretend I’m a prospects expert, especially this late in the list. I guess it’s just the shot for me as far as that boom or bust goes. If all breaks well I guess I just see it could be a middle 6 option, but even if it’s bottom 6 with a great shot that’s not a terrible thing either. Trust me, I hope all these kids come in and kill it so it’s not the end of the world either way lol
Yeah I don’t have a good read on most of these guys at this point either. Robertsson is a guy I think I have a read on though, and even though I think he’s probably a lower lineup player I think he can be good in that role and could be worthy of this spot on the list.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I like Kaskimaki a lot more than Robertsson here. Hopefully he can turn some heads at the WJC this year and move up this list. Thought he looked pretty good at the WJC last year as a younger guy in very limited minutes.

That said, voted Kessel here. Still think he has a legit shot to carve out a decent NHL career.

Honestly don’t know enough about Burns.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
For me it's between Burns and Robertsson. I have to admit that my voting for Robertsson previously, was based on what I saw from him 2 years ago. From what I've read of how he's improved VERY little since then, I lean towards Burns. I suppose Kaskimäki would be slightlz behind. I don't know much about him, and have seen very little of highlights of his play (not enough to mean anything).

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
For me it's between Burns and Robertsson. I have to admit that my voting for Robertsson previously, was based on what I saw from him 2 years ago. From what I've read of how he's improved VERY little since then, I lean towards Burns. I suppose Kaskimäki would be slightlz behind. I don't know much about him, and have seen very little of highlights of his play (not enough to mean anything).
I would have Kaskimaki further behind those two for sure.

He has skill and likes to flaunt it. But he's not talented enough to make it work at higher levels and will have to adapt tendencies that would lead more to a high motor, grinder style of game. He doesn't have the body for a physical player, so I doubt he would make a prototypical 4th liner. If he focuses his effort into playing a Sobotka-like game, or adopts some agitator tendencies similar to Marcel Goc, then I think he could be an NHL talent. Otherwise, he's not going far on any NHL team.

I find Robertsson has more translatable traits than Kaskimaki and don't think he needs to change his game too much in order to become a third line player. He's much more involved in plays and has better physical traits along with better puck skills. Though that shouldn't be a surprise given that Robertsson was a more complete product than Kaskimaki was at the time of their respective drafts.

Granted, I say all of this knowing I went with Koromyslov.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
I'll just leave it here:

Man this guy just comes into our forum all "You thought you were bad last year? Next year you'll be able to draft this guy!"

Reactions: Caser

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'd rather look at the defenseman at the top of the draft next year if we're terrible.

Best player available. It is still early, but Demidov is ranked #3/4 OA. The consenus top 2 are forwards as well. Levshunov is a RHD that swaps that 3/4 position, so maybe we grab him if we pick 3rd and the current rankings hold. But if we pick 4th or 5th, and Demidov is there, Leshunov is gone, and the currrent rankings hold, you take BPA.

Granted this is all moot. I think a lot would have to go wrong for us to finish 3-5th OA. We either win the lottery and pick 1-2, or we pick 10-20ish.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Best player available. It is still early, but Demidov is ranked #3/4 OA. The consenus top 2 are forwards as well. Levshunov is a RHD that swaps that 3/4 position, so maybe we grab him if we pick 3rd and the current rankings hold. But if we pick 4th or 5th, and Demidov is there, Leshunov is gone, and the currrent rankings hold, you take BPA.

Granted this is all moot. I think a lot would have to go wrong for us to finish 3-5th OA. We either win the lottery and pick 1-2, or we pick 10-20ish.

Even in that scenario; I'm not at all convinced that Demidov is the BPA.
Aron Kiviharju and Sam Dickinson are both right there also IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad