Confirmed with Link: Who is our Captain next year? [MOD: Blake Wheeler Announced Captain]

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think it'll be given to Stu before the season starts after they announce his contract extension.

:cry:

Wait, he has 2 years left. Can they extend him before next off-season? Maybe he will be bad enough this year that the powers that be will finally recognize it and the planned extension will be cancelled. :sarcasm:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
That looks perfect to me.

While Little and Scheifele's "A" stands for "Alternate Captain", Buff's "A" stands for "Anybody get the license plate of that truck?"

Too funny Puck:laugh:

Totally agree with the choices suggested. If Stu finally gets left off the list, maybe they might even use him more sensibly in the lineup this year.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Is Fox credible at hockey reporting?

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/winnipeg-jets-naming-captain-tomorrow-083016?

According to inside the organization sources, I have been told that the Jets will be naming their captain at a press conference tomorrow. Obvious names that come up are Mark Scheifele, Blake Wheeler, Dustin Byfuglien, and Brian Little. Some underdogs such as Patrik Laine, and Tyler Myers could possibly be in the running too.

Stay tuned…

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/winnipeg-jets-naming-captain-tomorrow-083016?

According to inside the organization sources, I have been told that the Jets will be naming their captain at a press conference tomorrow. Obvious names that come up are Mark Scheifele, Blake Wheeler, Dustin Byfuglien, and Brian Little. Some underdogs such as Patrik Laine, and Tyler Myers could possibly be in the running too.

Stay tuned…

Interesting. Wouldn't we have heard about a press conference from an official source if it where to happen.

If so I think this all but confirms it's one of the players heading to the WCH.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
would seem odd that a rookie who hasn't played a single game could be in the running for the C. that alone (although the myers one sounds odd too, at least to me) seems to ruin the credibility a bit.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

Stay tuned…

They name the Captain on Blake's Bday??

Can you say CAPTAIN WHEELER!?!? :yo:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

Stay tuned…

LOL. a rookie as captain. or one of the quiet guys who hates talking to media, as captain?
think 75% of the posters here have more credibility than that.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I refuse to believe some random dingus who has written a whole 4 articles for Jets Whiteout came across this information.

Even Gary has no idea

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

Stay tuned…

Yikes. Doesn't seem too credible

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Buff runs that dressing so I can't see why he wouldn't be considered. Little is the come in and work your ass off type of guy that teams like to point to for younger guys. Laine is a long shot but it doesn't hurt them to mention him as a future kind of leader and from what I know Myers is well respected in the room

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Buff runs that dressing so I can't see why he wouldn't be considered. Little is the come in and work your ass off type of guy that teams like to point to for younger guys. Laine is a long shot but it doesn't hurt them to mention him as a future kind of leader and from what I know Myers is well respected in the room

Don't think Buff wants the C plus I think he prefers being of camera as much as possible.
Little could be considered but I do think they will consider contract length and with only two years left I can't see them wanting to go through another Ladd situation again even if they want to sign him the possbility of having to pick another captain in two years is pointless.
It definitely won't be Laine. Kid hasn't even stepped foot in the locker room for a TC yet. Myers is a possibility but I think it's down to Scheif and Wheeler.

I have a feeling it will be Scheif. Wheeler and Buff with A's.
TNSE will want a locker room leader, character guy with a long term contract. Scheifele checks off every single box on their list. He fits the TNSE mold to a "C". The young guys look up to him and the vets respect him. Name Jets 2.0 first ever draft pick the captain. It will Mark the end of an era (pun intended) and the beginning of a new one. Let the Scheifele years begin. Lead us to the Cup, oh captain my captain. :nod:

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Stay tuned…

Fox News sources this as where the story originated:

"This article originally appeared on...."
http://jetswhiteout.com/2016/08/30/winnipeg-jets-naming-captain-tomorrow/

& the story is by the same writer that many of already panned just 7 days ago when he wrote this:

http://jetswhiteout.com/2016/08/24/possible-jacob-trouba-trades/

Wow. That "article" is all kinds of terrible. I'm sorry I looked.

Brutal. I'm with Whileee, sad that I clicked.

Edit: This is also partially because we've endured months and months of awful Trouba proposals and speculation. Just get 'er done, I'm tired of arguing about his contract.

This is the 3rd link to jetswhiteout posted here that has been of garbage quality. I no longer click on those links.

and also caused a moderator to state:

Just a note: we reserve the "News Article" tag for articles from (usually) reputable media sources such as TSN, etc. I've changed the tag on this thread to "Speculation".

Regarding the article: I've read more plausible speculation over on the trade board.

It would appear we vex our news better than Fox News.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

Laine is a long shot?
lololol....
come on, dude. a rookie. being the captain.
by definition, he's a long shot. his odds are slightly ahead of the odds that i'm the next captain, but not by much

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg
If there really is a captaincy announcement tomorrow how come the media doesn't know/the Jets haven't announced a press conference yet

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If there really is a captaincy announcement tomorrow how come the media doesn't know/the Jets haven't announced a press conference yet

It does seem a little weird that they would have a press conference without telling... the press.
Or maybe the announcement of the press conference is tomorrow and the press conference is to follow. A press conference to announce the future press conference they might have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad