Who is our biggest competition of all of the wildcard contenders in the East?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Wait..why are we assuming Pittsburgh has WC1 locked up? They are only 3 points up with same games played plus we play them still
A quick look at their schedule will explain it to you.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The team to catch, pass and hold onto a WC spot, is the Islanders, who’ve played a few more games than Ottawa and Buffalo, the two teams in the realistic chase for the Islanders WC spot. Pittsburgh has a remain schedule with approximately 50% of their games vs teams lower in the standings.

Buffalo has two games vs the Islanders, so may have the inside lane over Ottawa.

here is the Islanders remaining games (schedule)..played the Wings yesterday
2022-23 New York Islanders Schedule  Hockey-Reference.com.png

so Ottawa’s and Buffalo’s best shot at a WC spot, is the one held by the Islanders.
2022-23 NHL Wild Card Standings  ESPN.png.png

Last edited:

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Buffalo and us will make the playoffs - Pens and Isles will be out. Mark my words....

....man, I hope I am right. :D

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think we're the front runners right now I really do, but I'm most afraid of the Islanders.

Might come as surprise, just think their goaltending is tops and I'm expecting them to get hot. Although Barzal is hurt and not sure when he gets back.
Pageau and a couple of other Islanders (Wahlstrom & Clutterbuck) are also injured.

I'd say Buffalo & Pittsburgh will be the toughest to get past. Pittsburgh has had an up and down type season, but when they start to sink, they always seem to right the ship and come back. They have been through a few of those cycles this year already.

Last edited:

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
I'm hoping we pass the Islanders, Penguins, and Sabres so we play Carolina instead of Boston.

Both teams look unbeatable, but Carolina a little bit less so, as they aren't as stacked, and Ullmark is better than Rantta / Andersen.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Two of these teams are going to win 13 or 14 games down the stretch. That's what it will take.

Out of all of them, we're playing the best over the past two months and we just added a huge piece.

Let's hope it's us.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Oh ok. Why are we even playing the last 20 games then if they have it locked up

oh, I see you need further information

of their 20 remaining games, they have 13 vs teams with worse records, plus 8 road games and 12 home games.

The easiest schedule when compared to the Sens and Sabres

2022-23 Pittsburgh Penguins Schedule  Hockey-Reference.com.png.png

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
oh, I see you need further information

of their 20 remaining games, they have 13 vs teams with worse records, plus 8 road games and 12 home games.

The easiest schedule when compared to the Sens and Sabres

View attachment 664475
ok and? Are these guaranteed wins? Did Ottawa automatically win vs Chicago last night simply because they are a weaker opponent or do the games still need to be played?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't think we can ever count out Crosby & Malkin who have done it before many times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad