Who in hockey history doesn't have - but needs - a bobblehead? (and/or your Mt. Rushmore)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The stolen Jagr bobbleheads got me thinkin'...

Eddie Shore needs a boobleforehead, with his record number of team-leading PIM seasons, his flamboyant style, grin and epic importance to hockey history.

Mount Rushmore of bobblehead nodding for my mantel: Mark Messier, Bobby Clarke, Esa Tikkanen, Chris Pronger.

When I think of Jagr or Rocket Richard or Gretzky or Bourque celebrating, i think of an immobile figure, fittingly they should be cast as statues!

A pliable Gumby-textured toy would be Orr, Hasek, Datsyuk, ... Cyclone Taylor perhaps.

Last edited:

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
Does Jacques Plante have a bobblehead? With the impact he made you figure his would be a nice cut below his nose where the puck hit him before he finally donned the mask.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Does Jacques Plante have a bobblehead? With the impact he made you figure his would be a nice cut below his nose where the puck hit him before he finally donned the mask.
Not sure about Plante. But the two greatest bobbles in my collection are my Sawchuk and Palmateer that look like these...

eadd72f0-c587-4f26-956b-3676a3b3c3bc

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
With Plante I think of the famous painting, that solid as a rock poise worthy of a statue (similar to his 1958 Sports Illustrated cover photo).

Roy, on the other hand, had a habit of flicking his head upward, readjusting his mask, especially in big games. A figurine of him ought to bob.

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The stolen Jagr bobbleheads got me thinkin'...

Eddie Shore needs a boobleforehead, with his record number of team-leading PIM seasons, his flamboyant style, grin and epic importance to hockey history.

Mount Rushmore of bobblehead nodding for my mantel: Mark Messier, Bobby Clarke, Esa Tikkanen, Chris Pronger.

When I think of Jagr or Rocket Richard or Gretzky or Bourque celebrating, i think of an immobile figure, fittingly they should be cast as statues!

A pliable Gumby-textured toy would be Orr, Hasek, Datsyuk, ... Cyclone Taylor perhaps.

I'd argue Jagr's mullet alone makes him a must have bobblehead.

Jagr for the mullet
Iafrate for the skullet
Cheevers for the mask
Clarke for the missing teeth

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The all-time Sharks/Preds great, Ville Peltonen.
You, sir... have made my day! :)

How i loved watching every shift of his: balls to the wall, every time like a Game 7 playoff game; hustle personified with the grace of that proverbial duck paddling. He is said to be a national hero in Finland and i totally get it.

Yet, an even less hyped great player, an all-time great defensive defenseman, Dmitri Yushkevich, had a shining moment at his expense:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad