Who had the worst decline this season?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
For the Isles it’s Lee. He was never a superstar, but his effectiveness sharply regressed this season. JGP is right there with him.

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
In fairness I can confidently say as a Pens fan that Letang's brain has always been swiss cheese. I love the guy and he was a hell of a player in his prime and he always plays at max effort but he's always had severe brain lapses on the ice.

As for EK, I was disappointed that he sucked on the PP. His 5v5 play was pretty good still despite the decreased production. He made a few too many boneheaded turnovers and I'd like to see him cut those down a bit but honestly our d was wayyyyy better off with him than it would have been with Rutta/Petry. (not that that's a high bar to clear)

I think EK suffered this year from the same shit Letang used to which is people laser in on the turnovers and forget the other 95% of the game where they're helping the team on the ice. The blunders are infuriating but you take the good with the bad when it comes to guys like EK/Tanger.
He was right at the top of the league in xGF most of the year and finished 4th 5v5, 7th at evens. So he didn't actually play all that much different from last year, the Pens just struggled to make anything out of his elite play. Most casuals don't look that deep and only look at top line numbers so you get the garbage takes in this thread.

Reactions: Pancakes

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Maybe not the worst decline but I was surprised he wasn't mentioned: Brandon Montour

Last year 80GP 73 points 0.91ppg
This year 66GP 33 points 0.5ppg

I kinda figured that last year was an anomaly for the guy but it's surprising to see his production rate dip that much with Florida having a much better regular season this year. Maybe he felt less pressured with the team's overall success.

Reactions: Felidae and Voight

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gustavsson and Freddy Gaudreau had putrid years. Both signed new deals with raises in the off season... imagine that.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
After game 2 against the Preds, I bet my team's fans are willing to say it's EP40... he's got a case of the Boesers.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I was tarred and feathered for suggesting he won't reach 60 points.

There were people on this site who said he would score 70 easily in Pittsburgh.

Goes well with all the raving about Dubas in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Voight

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
IMG_0493.jpeg

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Georgiev but some of that is also due to not having another good crease clearing dman and have to use JJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad