Who had the worst decline this season?

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Nuge dropped 47 points lol..

Good pick but he had an unsustainable sh% last year, far better than anything he'd previously done.

For instance, using his sh% last year on this season puts him at 33 goals and 82 points. That's a 22 point drop off which is still significant. But nowhere near as bad as the 47 point drop off suggests

Last edited:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Ryan_Nugent-Hopkins_of_the_Edmonton_Oilers.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He's turning 38 soon so he has a good reason, but this season was the first time I felt like Malkin was no longer an elite player.

I think it's been happening for a while imo. I remember watching in the playoffs a couple years ago. You look at the stat line and see 6 points in 7 games, but when I actually watched him, he just didn't look the same as I remember..... as if he was skating with a piano on his back.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
He's turning 38 soon so he has a good reason, but this season was the first time I felt like Malkin was no longer an elite player.

I was looking at his numbers a couple weeks ago and realized that, outside of two injury-shortened seasons in 10-11 and 20-21, it was his first-ever full season below a point per game--didn't even make it to 70 points! Still a very dangerous player, but yeah, we're seeing the real comedown it seems.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Tage Thompson was brutal compared to last year.

Really wanna know what his injury was. Dude was clearly hampered, but his confidence didn’t seem the same either. But ya, he’s on the list, Skinner as well. 82 points to 46. Tuch went from 79 points to 59. That whole first line saw their shooting percentages drop, and with Tage seemingly hurt the chemistry just wasn’t there this year. I think they all bounce back somewhat.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Karlsson having to at least pretend to try in the defensive end cost him 45 points compared to last season.
I'll be honest, didn't see a ton of him last year, don't watch a lot of San Jose games being that it's SJ, really no interest and games don't start until 10pm, but I didn't think he's was the greatest defenseman last year and hated that he won the Norris....but I am willing to admit I didn't watch a ton of him, so perhaps not overly fair comment.

This year, anyone thinking he was going to come in and put up another 100pts were probably delusional. In terms of having to pretend to play defense, again, didn't see enough SJ games last year to asses....but not sure he pretended too hard this year. I'll caveat that again with suggesting I didn't watch 60+ PIT games or anything, but watched enough and the games I saw he was horrible. No doubt he has some skill with the puck, but he put the team in awful defensive positions so many times.

Anyway.....I'd have him on the list due to the obvious point drop, but I'm not sure how much of a decline he really had or if he was a similar player where the points just didn't come.

Others:

- Thompson
- Robertson
- Skinner
- Stutzle
- Gaudreau - not a massive decline, but had to list him because still a pretty decent decline after the sharp decline the year before....so it got even worse....perhaps the worst 2 year decline?

It was late when I mathed.
Yeah, it was a joke....easy mistake, it was just funny that others doubled-down on the same 47pt difference

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Karlsson terrible at defending, terrible on powerplay.

I talked a lot last season about him not being able to play competitive games and that he is way worse player than his stats showed. Everyone was arguing with me saying that he should be unanumous norris winner, he is good at defending, and that 100pt is his real level in production as he was finally healthy. Hate that I have to watch his mistakes every night in Penguins jersey now. Where are all the Karlsson hype people now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad