Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Oliver Kapanen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So I didn't not get to watch all the games but overall who do you think showed the most promise? I put all 4 Habs prospects that made their country's team even if two didn't get to see much action as many someone will want to comment on their play.

For my as much as Roy did well, I think Mysak was just great on a far less stacked team and his making the tourney's all-star team was a result of his great play.

Roy - 7 games 3 g 5 a 8 points
Kidney - 3 games and 0 points.
Mysak - led his team in scoring and a big part of them surprising I think 7 games 4 g 4 a 8 points. picked the WJC All star team
Numri - 2 games 0 points

Last edited:

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
Really impressed with what I saw from Roy.
December will be even bigger for him.
As much as having this tournament in August was awkward, what a huge confidence boost this must have been for the kid to go out there and do what he did. I mean, he obviously dominated last season in impression fashion, but for him to play this well on the big stage is great to see. Looking forward to seeing how he builds on his success this upcoming season.
Hoping for big things from this kid.

Reactions: Redux91

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Lol this isn’t even a question. The title should be “Jan Mysak shines above habs prospects”
While I agree I do think Roy also had a strong tourney. Would have been cool if a few more Habs prospects had made it for the US and our 2 new Slovak prospects had been allowed to play.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I said Roy because he is much younger than Mysak.

How would Mysak have done as a player who had just turned 19?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Is Mysak displaying real offensive potential?

He had some crazy stretches of production there last year but seemed to fizzle out.

My gut tells me he's an NHLer but maybe not quite top 6 .

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Is Mysak displaying real offensive potential?

He had some crazy stretches of production there last year but seemed to fizzle out.

My gut tells me he's an NHLer but maybe not quite top 6 .
Ryan Poehling showed nice things for team USA on his last year. Same for mysak. Mysak have almost the same PPG 19/20 than in 20/21 in the OHL at 20 years old. Usually, last CHL year production should take a bigger jump vs the previous one. Posters will say he played on a smaller role in Kingston…
If I have a bet to make he is gonna be a kind of Rem Pitlick.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I voted for Roy, simply due to circumstances / expectations.

He entered the tournament in what could be considered his 18yr old season, with a lot of question marks about his work ethic and defensive game. He ended the tournament being one of, if not the most used forward at 5v5 and in a checking role at that. He blew my expectations out of the water.

Mysak I knew going in was going to be *the* guy for Czechia. So while he probably did have a better tournament than Roy strictly from a results standpoint, when I factor in expectations I value Roy’s performance more so.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
While I agree I do think Roy also had a strong tourney. Would have been cool if a few more Habs prospects had made it for the US and our 2 new Slovak prospects had been allowed to play.
Roy finished real strong and that’s great

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...Dave Cameron had the best WJC because his team bailed his pitiful coaching out and won...:nod:

...of our prospects, I was very happy and at least somewhat surprised with how well Roy did...we could have a great late round find there if he keeps progressing as well as he has...:thumbu:

...the answer is still Mysak...I was truly shocked with how well this kid played; he was the Heart & Soul of that Czech team...if he can build on his WJC and become that player for us, I'll be the first to sing his praises and admit that I seriously underrated him as a prospect...

Reactions: Redux91 and beowulf

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
He’s also 13 months older playing on a much much weaker team.
The question that the thread is based on, is "Who had the better world junior tourney" so age isn't really a factor in the question, as all players regardless of age are essentially being treated as equals, in this thread.

Of course, in the world of hockey prospects, age and more so projection is a huge part of debating who is the better prospect.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The question that the thread is based on, is "Who had the better world junior tourney" so age isn't really a factor in the question, as all players regardless of age are essentially being treated as equals, in this thread.

Of course, in the world of hockey prospects, age and more so projection is a huge part of debating who is the better prospect.
The Op’s opening line is :

“So I didn't not get to watch all the games but overall who do you think showed the most promise?”

So I took the poll as whom had the best tournament in terms of future career projection, and that’s quite clearly Roy.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Honestly Kapanen, Roy and Mysak all played very important roles on their teams... and all those teams did very well.

Mysak and Roy were obviously better... I was most impressed with Roy... but really like Mysak's resilliance and jam... we got a deep pool folks.

Reactions: Dick Duff

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I gotta go with Mysak
But THRILLED for Wawa
To go from roster afterthought in december to top 6 play, small sample size ppg production AND gold medal in august is a GOOD thing for his development, really happy for him

But Mysak really stood out for the leadership... and swag! :D
Wawa lol

I like it!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad