Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don't like either Schenn.

Luke is a pylon.

Never got the Brayden hype, I just don't see what he can do at the NHL level consistently, like what is his strength that justifies his hype?

Would only move Del Zotto to Philly for Couturier. Maybe Simmonds, but I don't think Simmonds is the player the Rangers need. Maybe even Voracek, but I don't know how I feel about the Flyers players because basically I hate all of them because they are the Flyers so its hard to be unbiased.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I would throw a party if this trade happened. Change that 2nd to a 1st and throw in a good prospect and the Flyers will listen.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Is it 2010? Are the Schenn's still valuable?

I think Luke gets a little too much flak. He's not a terrible defenseman and he's just what this team could use right now.

Brayden is just frustrating.

I would love them both regardless.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
I think Luke gets a little too much flak. He's not a terrible defenseman and he's just what this team could use right now.

Brayden is just frustrating.

I would love them both regardless.

You put Luke Schenn next to a Ryan Mcdonagh and you have a very different player then you've seen with poorly assembled Toronto and Philly teams. With the potential of parting w/ Girardi looming, a 24yr old RD wouldn't be a bad move at all.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
AV was discussing Pouliot yesterday. He told Pouliot that time is running out for him. Alain compared him to Chris Higgins. He had the same conversation with Higgins who went from the Habs to Rangers to Flames to Panthers to VAN in one year. Pouliot has gone from the Wild to MTL to BOS to TB to the Rangers. He has the tools to be a top 9 forward but he needs consistency. More of a third liner. Two way game. Higgins has found a home in Vancouver.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Brassard is a group II with arb rights. His QO is $3.7M. One year away from group III. You could see him signing a one year deal. His play will determine that. You don't want to sign a player and then get stuck with the player. What is Brassard? He will always the inconsistent play who leaves you wanting more. He is 26. He isn't turning on the light and keeping it on at 26. That usually doesn't happen. If it hasn't happened by now.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I am sorry, I don't follow at all.

Dominant force every shift? Who is that? Lebron James? Let's look past the two guys in Pittsburg and AO in the East; Stamkos, Tavares, Giroux and co are extremely far from dominat players on a shift by shift basis.

Nash has his faults, yes. But I don't know, I'd like to see him on a good high scoring team. Last year under Torts was just more of the same he faced in CBJ, he was forced to do it by himself. And he played extremely well during the regular season. No other line really created any momentum and he got very little help.

He is our best forward by a wide margin. If you hit the UFA market 6m get you David Clarkson.

So I just don't get the relevance of what you are saying at all. What is your point? He is not the by far best player in the league? He is not Lebron James? You sound like the Knicks fans comparing Melo with Lebum. He is not top 5/10/15/25 among forwards? I still don't get your point. So what should we have done? Kept AA and Dubi and signed Clarkson? Signed LeCavalier?

And the talk about him being one of the worst defensive player in the league is also just a bunch of meaningless crying. What are you talking about? There was not often we got in trouble defensively due to Nash all of last season. What else matters?

I dont know whats so difficult to follow. I never said he wasn't a top-tier player in the NHL, or that he wasnt our best forward by a wide margin. What I am saying is the go-to guys in this league, are better all-around players than Nash. Specifically, they find a way to be effective no matter the type of game. Nash shrinks in physical games. He just does. If hes not allowed to fly through the neutral zone, he doesnt do anything else particularly well. Part of it is bad habits from playing with a perpetual loser for so long.

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
but I don't think Simmonds is the player the Rangers need.

That is exactly the player the Rangers need. This guy is bringing the fire that Prust brought and that we lack, if the team is not awake, he will wake them up, Simons brings it every shift.

I would trade .... for him even <<< Do not have guts t write it for all the slack I am going to get :)

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I am sorry, I don't follow at all.

Dominant force every shift? Who is that? Lebron James? Let's look past the two guys in Pittsburg and AO in the East; Stamkos, Tavares, Giroux and co are extremely far from dominat players on a shift by shift basis.

Nash has his faults, yes. But I don't know, I'd like to see him on a good high scoring team. Last year under Torts was just more of the same he faced in CBJ, he was forced to do it by himself. And he played extremely well during the regular season. No other line really created any momentum and he got very little help.

He is our best forward by a wide margin. If you hit the UFA market 6m get you David Clarkson.

So I just don't get the relevance of what you are saying at all. What is your point? He is not the by far best player in the league? He is not Lebron James? You sound like the Knicks fans comparing Melo with Lebum. He is not top 5/10/15/25 among forwards? I still don't get your point. So what should we have done? Kept AA and Dubi and signed Clarkson? Signed LeCavalier?

And the talk about him being one of the worst defensive player in the league is also just a bunch of meaningless crying. What are you talking about? There was not often we got in trouble defensively due to Nash all of last season. What else matters?

I dont know whats so difficult to follow. I never said he wasn't a top-tier player in the NHL, or that he wasnt our best forward by a wide margin. What I am saying is the go-to guys in this league, are better all-around players than Nash. Specifically, they find a way to be effective no matter the type of game. Nash shrinks in physical games. He just does. If hes not allowed to fly through the neutral zone, he doesnt do anything else particularly well. Part of it is bad habits from playing with a perpetual loser for so long.
So then, in other words, you're criticizing him for the fact that he's not one of the approximately three players in the league that is a dominant force every shift. Exactly as Ola said.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Ok, if you think that he shrinks in physical games I get your point. That would be a problem.

I've not noticed that. He had a few awesome games early against Boston and Philly last season that was very physical, but they could be exemptions.

I think he is a player who, besides after like the first game in the POs last season, who is very hard to contain for a D and who, when he is in any type of form, is a player that worries a team that face him, forces them to adjust and open up space for others. And he can score goals by himself.

That is important to have. We don't have anyone like him, and haven't had since JJ.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Ok, if you think that he shrinks in physical games I get your point. That would be a problem.

I've not noticed that. He had a few awesome games early against Boston and Philly last season that was very physical, but they could be exemptions.

I think he is a player who, besides after like the first game in the POs last season, who is very hard to contain for a D and who, when he is in any type of form, is a player that worries a team that face him, forces them to adjust and open up space for others. And he can score goals by himself.

That is important to have. We don't have anyone like him, and haven't had since JJ.

I don't always agree with you, Ola, but I 100% agree with what you are saying about Nash. Would I prefer to have Malkin? Of course. But Nash is the first player we've had since Jagr who has the ability to demand the other team's 100% attention when he's on the ice.

Would LOVE to see him back healthy with this team. Man, would it be fun to see the Rangers be able to run the Kreider line out one shift to pound the other team and go to the net, then have Nash go out the next with his puck possession game the next and then have Hagelin come out after that to harass the daylights out of the opposition.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Again, Im not trying to diminish how talented Nash is. But when you're talking about the best 5,10, 15 players in the sport, you can generally count on them to be effective in big games, despite the type of game thats taking place. I don't trust Nash in that situation, yet. The head issues certainly aren't going to help his cause.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I feel like Brass is starting to turn it on, we'll see. Start of this season has looked an awful lot like most of his Columbus years but the last handful of games you can kinda of see last year's Brass. If the points start coming and he goes the next 70 games playing at close to last years production I think you keep him. It's a career defining season for him.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I feel like Brass is starting to turn it on, we'll see. Start of this season has looked an awful lot like most of his Columbus years but the last handful of games you can kinda of see last year's Brass. If the points start coming and he goes the next 70 games playing at close to last years production I think you keep him. It's a career defining season for him.

Meant to post the same thing. Much like the team as a whole, you can't judge him just on his first few games. He has looked better recently (and has made some gorgeous passes that his wingers have not finished, otherwise he would have more points) and I also think he's starting to turn it on.

That said, if his play starts to decline again towards over the next few games and he finishes around 45 points or so, then you'd have to decide that he was what he was in CLB and the post-trade splendid play was the aberration. At that point, it may well be time to part ways given his QO.

It is indeed a career-defining season for him - certainly his career as a Ranger, anyway.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Again, Im not trying to diminish how talented Nash is. But when you're talking about the best 5,10, 15 players in the sport, you can generally count on them to be effective in big games, despite the type of game thats taking place. I don't trust Nash in that situation, yet. The head issues certainly aren't going to help his cause.

Here we do agree. After what we've seen with Beuk, LaFontaine, Richter, Lindros and Sauer, I am a tad nervous that we may never see the player we had last year again. That would be yet another tragedy for this team.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Here we do agree. After what we've seen with Beuk, LaFontaine, Richter, Lindros and Sauer, I am a tad nervous that we may never see the player we had last year again. That would be yet another tragedy for this team.

In my opinion, healthy Nash plays a lot like NYR Lindros did, who was still a very effective player for a bit here. The common denominator here is a player that is effective on the rush or on the perimeter. If Nash wants to take it to the next level and become a great player, he needs to engage more. Head injuries are kryptonite for that.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Absolutely agree. But it's not just him either. MZA and Kreider look like completely different players too. I think they're happy to be back east. I think they're starting to grasp AV's system. It's starting to come together.

Sad. Those end-of-the-world threads were such a hit when we were sucking ass not too long ago. I guess they'll be bumped next time we lose, but I hope those threads don't completely vanish. :laugh:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Brassard's biggest issue to date in his career has been inconsistency. He has looked better. But he looked this good for spurts in Columbus too. Hopefully he turned the page and can do it for the rest of the season, because the team's Center depth needs it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That is exactly the player the Rangers need. This guy is bringing the fire that Prust brought and that we lack, if the team is not awake, he will wake them up, Simons brings it every shift.

I would trade .... for him even <<< Do not have guts t write it for all the slack I am going to get :)

I stand by my statement. I don't think the Rangers need Simmonds. They have 2nd/3rd line types they needs a legit threat to score that can create his own shot and break through the neutral zone. Take Simmonds away from Giroux and his offense is non existent. The Rangers need Kreider to be their Simmonds.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Yeah, I get your point.

If he can get healthy, time will tell.

I do feel that people are looking at a pretty small sample with Nash, and really are influenced by his PO's performance. I mean, was the first game of the season last year not a big game? Was that away game against Boston early in the year not a big game? Nash pwned Boston's defense in that game. His 2+1 game away against Philly in mid-March, really put Philly back and put us on the right side so to speak going forward. That game was hyped alot. I have never seen and I cannot think of a single player the last decade who could play in the regularseason but not the PO's. Just go back and watch stats from randon PO's the last 10 years, its not like it was 20 years ago when the going got so tough in the PO's, the competition that much better, that some players disappeared.

Some guys are opertunistic scorers they wait for chances to get to them and when they get them they can convert. Gabby is an example of that. I also get your point about his neutralzone zone play, but I don't quite agree with it. There is room in the neutral zone in the PO's too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad