Who goes first? Scuderi or Kunitz?

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
This, bring in a competent coach and let him sort it out. Kunitz to l3/l4. Shoot scuds into the sun.

2015-01-17-10_13_58.gif

This is MJ in a nutshell. Even dumb coaches can pull off not looking dumb on the bench but every time the camera captures him he looks dazed and confused. I mean pretty much he looks how I would look behind an NHL bench.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
This is a team that traded #47 for a washed-up LJ. Scuds is untradeable (unless you want to trade him for a 5th round pick and include a 2nd round pick, take back half of his cap, and throw in a BB, DP or Sundquist. The pens are stuck with him. As I said many times before he should have been bought out in 2014, why he wasn't bought out this June is a mystery. Since he is MJ's shut down guy, both must go. Don't send him to W-B, Send him to Wheeling with MJ and Wheeling overnight will win their version of the cup.

Just think, 81 more games with Scuds in the line-up to shut down things. WOW!!!!

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Several years back i read a piece on the abrupt decline of NFL RBs, who mostly all have good seasons till 29 or 30 and then suddenly have a total drop off usually in a single year's time. the pattern fluctuates slightly, but its very consistant. Many never lose straight line speed, or only show a miniscule reduction in that, but htey do lose quickness.... the paper concluded that culmuative head shots to athletes (which RBs get with regularity), cause slower reaction times, which kill careers...

i point this out because with both scuds and Kunitz, you can visibly see a pause in reaction time these days... they are done. They dont have the quickness to react to game situations like they did before. Until the front office forcably removes them from the team, they will continue to get premium ice time and teams will funnel play through them and we will suck... and make no mistake... when Scuds or kunitz are on the ice with sid and kessel, they are absolutely funneling play to those two players in hopes they can easily disrupt them.

The problem with your theory is Scuderi never had quick reaction to plays. He's been bad to mediocre his entire career and only gets attention because of his Stanley Cup moment.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
2015-01-17-10_13_58.gif

This is MJ in a nutshell. Even dumb coaches can pull off not looking dumb on the bench but every time the camera captures him he looks dazed and confused. I mean pretty much he looks how I would look behind an NHL bench.
Haha yep. Gives me a chuckle almost every time they put him on camera.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
The problem with your theory is Scuderi never had quick reaction to plays. He's been bad to mediocre his entire career and only gets attention because of his Stanley Cup moment.

He used to be one heck of a shotblocker... the same thing happened with eaton, we used him in scuds role the year after scuds left and he was pretty good at blocking shots, but as the years went on his reaction time slowed and he got to the point he flopped on the ice a moment late, the puck got through and he was out of position to recover on the play. This started happening to scuds 2 years ago and has gotten progressively worse... his one redeeming quality left, being able to influence lanes on the pk, is now gone IMO.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
In regards to buy-outs, did the pens ever buy-out any contract????. And didn't #66 say at one time say, he wanted to honor all contracts. Maybe that's why JR has not bought out scuds due to ownership interference (policy).

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If they haven't figured out yet that Scuds and Kunitz are trash, what makes people think they'll come to their senses now?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If they haven't figured out yet that Scuds and Kunitz are trash, what makes people think they'll come to their senses now?

Because eventually everyone either dies or learns and adapts.

I give it 10 games before Crosby is yelling at Kunitz again, that **** is harder to ignore. I'm sure the FO knows Scuderi is garbage, they just won't accept it. They'll shuffle the shuffling one around at least.

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
I'm going to optimistically predict that Scuderi will be waived before the end of the season.
Kunitz can at least still contribute...

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Neither.

Scuderi is, imo, unmovable. The teams that would take him are probably on his NTC list.

Kunitz is probably movable, but management seems to think he is a positive contributor.

Both will be there until their contracts expire.
Agree with this analysis except the last line. Scuds will get bought out after this year. They're regretting not buying him out this summer, I'm sure -- they won't make that mistake again, our well-earned cynicism notwithstanding.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Agree with this analysis except the last line. Scuds will get bought out after this year. They're regretting not buying him out this summer, I'm sure -- they won't make that mistake again, our well-earned cynicism notwithstanding.

They made the mistake two years in a row in not buying him out. Hopefully, next year won't be the charm.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
They're both staying until their contracts run out or we get a new coach or GM. All the other NHL GMs see what we do, they're not going to take them in a trade.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Cleary gets waived and we're still stuck with both of these *******s. It's just not fair.

Look at the amount of vets that had to go on pto and got waived. If the Nords and LV team was out this year, they have a job, but everyone right now have better options.

Scuderi is going to either be waived if the team is smart or he'll be stuck on the roster all year.

Only way Kunitz gets interest is if a young team suffers a lot of injuries and wants some vets. So here's to Gionta getting hurt so Bylsma asks for Kunitz.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Scuderi is untradeable so he will stay, until the offseason when we buy him out. Kunitz might be moved, but it's hard to say.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Scuderi

Scuderi is, quite literally, the grenade that Shero rolled under the door before he left town.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad