Player Discussion Who gets moved before July 1st?

Who's gone

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Only if you really, REALLY think that LD is on the verge of being a star.....90-100 pts a year kind of star.
He's got a better shot at it than anybody else on the Wild. He's got issues in his game, but he's 22. He would look great with Staal and Koivu carrying a lot of the load.

I would be terrified what our defense would look like without Spurgeon, but I would take a very long look at that deal. I'd put Seeler-Brodin as the 2nd pair, and then hope Bear or Belpedio can develop into a long-term top-4 Dman.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He's got a better shot at it than anybody else on the Wild. He's got issues in his game, but he's 22. He would look great with Staal and Koivu carrying a lot of the load.

I would be terrified what our defense would look like without Spurgeon, but I would take a very long look at that deal. I'd put Seeler-Brodin as the 2nd pair, and then hope Bear or Belpedio can develop into a long-term top-4 Dman.

If we're trading for a 22 year old making $8.5 million, he better be carrying a lot of the load, not two guys in their mid-30's.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ennis is gone.

I think Nino is the most likely of the good trade chips to be gone. Don't think Fenton is going to sacrifice his first first round pick with us, even if there is pressure to win now. I think Greenway or Kunin are gone before the pick, though I hope we keep them all unless it's a massive upgrade.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Kunin or Greenway are moved on, and they start to show signs like Tuch has, then the natives are gonna get restless.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Honestly I think it boils down to who the Wild have to keep and who they should keep. The rest are up for grabs for the right price.

Have to keep:
Suter
Parise
Koivu

Should keep:
Granlund
Dumba
Brodin
Eriksson Ek
Kunin
Kaprizov
Greenway
2018 1st
Dubnyk

Debatable:
Nino
Coyle
Zucker
Staal
Spurgeon
Seeler
Soucy
Stalock
Olofsson

Trash bag:
Murphy
Ennis
Foligno

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Brodin for some C

Ennis for a Mars bar or buy out
If there's any heat to the Hanifin for O'Reilly smoke, maybe Carolina would do Lindholm for Brodin? Leaves us needing to trade for a LD, but maybe if we're just looking to shuffle some stuff around?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Honestly I think it boils down to who the Wild have to keep and who they should keep. The rest are up for grabs for the right price.

Have to keep:
Suter
Parise
Koivu

Should keep:
Granlund
Dumba
Brodin
Eriksson Ek
Kunin
Kaprizov
Greenway
2018 1st
Dubnyk

Debatable:
Nino
Coyle
Zucker
Staal
Spurgeon
Seeler
Soucy
Stalock
Olofsson

Trash bag:
Murphy
Ennis
Foligno
I would move Brodin, Eriksson Ek, and Dubnyk down your list and Coyle and Seeler up. Would also move Stalock to the trash heap.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I would move Brodin, Eriksson Ek, and Dubnyk down your list and Coyle and Seeler up. Would also move Stalock to the trash heap.
I just don’t see any benefit to trading Brodin that doesn’t put extra stress on Suter one way or another. Not sure that’s the best idea and I’m not quite ready for Seeler to be a top 4 player. Eriksson Ek is too young to give up on. He’s shown signs of maturity. Dubnyk would depend on the goalie replacing him. Coyle, well, let’s just say he drives me crazy with his consistency issues.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Eriksson Ek is our current best shot at a legit top 6 C for the next 5-7 years. He is NHL caliber away from the puck, defensively, etc... now we just need to develop the offense. He's definitely a "should keep", unless, of course, there's a prime-aged top 6 C coming back.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I just don’t see any benefit to trading Brodin that doesn’t put extra stress on Suter one way or another. Not sure that’s the best idea and I’m not quite ready for Seeler to be a top 4 player. Eriksson Ek is too young to give up on. He’s shown signs of maturity. Dubnyk would depend on the goalie replacing him. Coyle, well, let’s just say he drives me crazy with his consistency issues.
If you could get a Reinhart or Lindholm for Brodin, and then sign Paul Martin to a cheap one year deal? That's something that you have to at least consider, no?

Trading Ek doesn't have to mean you're giving up on him. If there's even the slightest concern about the type of player he can become, now is the time to move him.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If you could get a Reinhart or Lindholm for Brodin, and then sign Paul Martin to a cheap one year deal? That's something that you have to at least consider, no?
None of them are really good, but there doesn't seem to be any shortage of UFA options for LD if you're just looking for someone to eat minutes on the second pairing next to Dumba or Spurgeon.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
None of them are really good, but there doesn't seem to be any shortage of UFA options for LD if you're just looking for someone to eat minutes on the second pairing next to Dumba or Spurgeon.
I'm not in any hurry to trade Brodin, but I do think out of all of the younger "core" guys, he would be the easiest to replace. If you can get a young 50-60 potential point center for Brodin, you have to make that trade IMO.

Reactions: Bazeek

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Brodin is traded, we may well start the season with Seeler as first pairing LHD.

Think about that for a second.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If Brodin is traded, we may well start the season with Seeler as first pairing LHD.

I think even with we trade Brodin and are down Suter for the first few weeks, the chances of Seeler starting as our top pairing LD are basically zero.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I think even with we trade Brodin and are down Suter for the first few weeks, the chances of Seeler starting as our top pairing LD are basically zero.

then who? Soucy?

I don't see any reason to trade Brodin this summer (short of an absurd clear win). I've often said it's similar to the Rangers losing Anton Stralman. You might say Brodin lacks a lot of qualities, but steady minutes, heavy usage, youngish guy, decent money = keeper, to me.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

Yeah, if Brodin is traded, they're going to have a replacement. Otherwise, Fenton is out the door when we're in the cellar after year one.

I'm still in favor of a Brodin trade, but I don't have the answer to how we acquire his replacement.

Reactions: 2Pair

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
then who? Soucy?

I don't see any reason to trade Brodin this summer (short of an absurd clear win). I've often said it's similar to the Rangers losing Anton Stralman. You might say Brodin lacks a lot of qualities, but steady minutes, heavy usage, youngish guy, decent money = keeper, to me.
Presumably we would sign or trade for one. They would likely be older and or worse than Brodin, but enough to shore up the second pairing for next season.

And I'm not in a hurry to trade Brodin, but his spot is one place I think we can afford to downgrade if it means upgrading at RW or C.

Reactions: 2Pair

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Trading Brodin and then failing to sign a legit replacement would be a terrible way for Fenton to start his run at GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad