Who gets cut from Team Canada if Brule and Crosby play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

langdak

Dec 13, 2005
Langley, BC
Who gets cut?

Thats tough in my opinion based on the fact that i only see the WHL guys play on a regular basis

I think for anybody to answer this question honestly without just throwing out some names, one would have to have watched a fair amount of all CHL games and then come to a decision on that

I like the current make up of the team, but i agree with Crosby and Brule on the team it might make for a whole different story, but they arent there so we will go with what we have and give the best in the world a run for their money

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Pyatt and Latandresse, imo.

It is all moot, but fun anyways..

Crosby - Brule - Cogliano
Bourdon - Bolland

nice PP. :)

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
Man, if they were available and i was picking the team theyd be unbeatable :D

Bolland-Crosby-Wolski
Cogliano-Brule-Toews
Boyd-Omarra-Bourett
Bertram-Comeau-Letrandesse

Heck , ya could even throw devin setogouchi in there as the 13th foward :yo:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Jon Prescription said:
Why does it even matter? They aren't on the team. This is just more posting to find excuses for if they DO lose to the US...

Well played...Canada has enough talent to win without them. If the Americans do win, it won't be as much of surprise as two years ago. Deal with it Canada... ;)

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
bruins8152 said:
Man, if they were available and i was picking the team theyd be unbeatable :D

Bolland-Crosby-Wolski
Cogliano-Brule-Toews
Boyd-Omarra-Bourett
Bertram-Comeau-Letrandesse

Heck , ya could even throw devin setogouchi in there as the 13th foward :yo:

no chipchura , he is the capitain :shakehead

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
gars59 said:
no chipchura , he is the capitain :shakehead

Hah , my bad, i guess i could give him 3rd line icetime :p:

Bolland-Crosby-Wolski
Cogliano-Brule-Toews
Boyd-Omarra-Chipchura
Bourett-Comeau-Letrandesse

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
Why does it even matter? They aren't on the team. This is just more posting to find excuses for if they DO lose to the US...

Just remember in 2003 when we didn't have Spezza, Bouwmeester, Weiss and Nash, otherwise we would have beat the Russians. :sarcasm:

espo*

Jon Prescription said:
I'm starting to sense some doubt from some of you guys,like you're not that confident you can do the job against us anymore.Any time someone talks about a team Canada strentgh or what-not a few of you seem to have it as your personal mission to quickly head things off at the pass in hopes you won't have to hear about our strentghs.

I may be wrong but thats the feeling i'm getting.Little nervous about Saturday?

langdak

Dec 13, 2005
Langley, BC
cyclops said:
I'm starting to sense some doubt from some of you guys,like you're not that confident you can do the job against us anymore.Any time someone talks about a team Canada strentgh or what-not a few of you seem to have it as your personal mission to quickly head things off at the pass in hopes you won't have to hear about our strentghs.

I may be wrong but thats the feeling i'm getting.Little nervous about Saturday?

After seeing the US struggle with Finland tonite, i am not at all nervous about Saturday's game.

Canada struggled a bit too with the Swiss, but not like the US did against Finland

Had the linesman pulled his head out of his a$$ the game would have been 5-5 at the end of regulation instead of 6-5, the US was blatently offside on that 3rd period goal............oh well, good game none the less

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Jon Prescription said:

Well, it IS a valid excuse... the WJC's aren't usually a composition of the best U-20 players in the world, but the best U-20 players who are available to play, and it seems that there are generally more Canadian 19 (or 18) year olds in the NHL than any other country. Is it really that much of a coincidence that the two years where the NHL wasn't playing were also the two years that Canada dominated the tournament? On last year's team alone there were probably 4-5 players who would have been in the NHL had it been in operation... And hell, Burns and Horton could have played on the team even...

Even with Crosby and Brule on the team I'm not sure that Canada would be the favourites, but they'd be a hell of alot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad