Who Gets Called Up?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Sven gets called up, Flames go on a Cinderella run and beat the Pens in a 4-2 series in the Finals, winning the cup on home ice.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
No captain. I want Baertschi to get called up since there's space on the top 6 now but the truth is, it'll probably be Horak.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
It would be disrespectful to Iggy to name a captain. Obviously we call up Baerstchi, people need to see the promise in a new direction.

SickHandsNoShot

May 7, 2012
I'll give the outside shot to Max Reinhart for the call up. Hasnt had his chance yet, and has really turned it up past couple weeks.

Also, I really think its Gio for the next C. For those that don't know or didnt watch the conversation with the media today; Iginla gave him the pack of 20 pencils and told him to put it in his locker.

For context, Lanny gave them to Iggy at the begining of the year with the speech saying, one pencil can be broken easily, but you can't break 20 together.

It says something that he gave it to Gio, not Cammy or Tangs. (Really good friends)
Maybe im reading too much into it, Gio even said it wasnt a big thing, they just didnt wana leave them in an empty stall.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'll give the outside shot to Max Reinhart for the call up. Hasnt had his chance yet, and has really turned it up past couple weeks.

Also, I really think its Gio for the next C. For those that don't know or didnt watch the conversation with the media today; Iginla gave him the pack of 20 pencils and told him to put it in his locker.

For context, Lanny gave them to Iggy at the begining of the year with the speech saying, one pencil can be broken easily, but you can't break 20 together.

It says something that he gave it to Gio, not Cammy or Tangs. (Really good friends)
Maybe im reading too much into it, Gio even said it wasnt a big thing, they just didnt wana leave them in an empty stall.

He got the pencils after practice when Cammy told Gio to take the pencils before they were in an empty locker. I think your reading to much into it.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Maybe Nemisz as the call-up? His ELC expires at the end of the season, and they might want anotehr look at him in the NHL before deciding what to do with him. Plus, the Heat are sitting 2 points out of a playoff spot right now, so Sven may stay down.

I figure Hartley will ride the remaining veterans hard while there's still a small hope for the playoffs, so any call-up is likely for the 4th line. Bouma and Aliu could also be possibilities with their contracts expiring.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Maybe Nemisz as the call-up? His ELC expires at the end of the season, and they might want anotehr look at him in the NHL before deciding what to do with him. Plus, the Heat are sitting 2 points out of a playoff spot right now, so Sven may stay down.

I figure Hartley will ride the remaining veterans hard while there's still a small hope for the playoffs, so any call-up is likely for the 4th line. Bouma and Aliu could also be possibilities with their contracts expiring.

He has been out all year, Feaster said he would have made the 4th if it had not been for his injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad