Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 53 17.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I wouldn't count out Chicago going Levshunov and Anaheim going Buium. Then Columbus would take Silayev, and Montreal would have Demidov right there.

I could also see Anaheim realizing that and trading down with Montreal since Buium would still be there at 5. Not sure what we'd have to give up to move up 2 spots, but I'd imagine Barron would be involved.
We'd only pay a price to move up like that if Silayev or whoever we believed Columbus was going to take was our big target.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Am I crazy for thinking Sennecke has a higher ceiling than Lindstrom?

His hands and creativity are much better. Obviously I'd be stoked to get either but it seems closer in talent level than any ranking I've seen would suggest.
No you’re not crazy.

Sennecke is just more raw i think and his floor a bit less certain. If everything goes right in his development then he might become one of the very best forward in this draft class.

Reactions: Justin11

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah I'd take Matthews over that bum Patrick Kane any day for the playoffs
It's funny how people have so much recency bias when they want to expose their view. They look at Toronto failure and completely ignore the success of the Avalanche or Tampa Bay who has been dominant by prioritizing speed and skill. Also prioritizing more size is quite funny because we did exactly that in the past and it always has been a failure (Ryan, Bilodeau, Hossa, Ward, Chouinard, Scherbak, McCarron, Kotkaniemi, etc.)

Last edited:
Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Which data do you have? What is the true benefit of that extra 10 pounds on hockey player other than simple physic mass+speed formula. I would like to know.
I'm not saying it has an affect. If you read slower, I was talking about the people who say Player X should just add weight/muscle. I'm saying it's not that easy for everyone

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
No you’re not crazy.

Sennecke is just more raw i think. If everything goes right in his development then he might become one of the very best forward in this draft class.
Habs brass are pretty confident with their ability to develop. Hmm.....

Reactions: SlafySZN

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I seem to have missed the Sennecke hype-train. Where is it coming from? No mockdraft has him in the top 15. So I assume someone started this hype. Who?
Sennecke had 3 votes in the top 10 in Bob's latest NHL scouts survey rankings. The highest at 5, then 7 and 10. NHL scouts clearly liked his development this season so he's climbing the rankings.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's funny how people have so much recency bias when they want to expose their view. They look at Toronto failure and completely ignore the success of the Avalanche or Tampa Bay who has been dominant by prioritizing speed and skill.

Tampa didn't break through until they added grit and toughness throughout their lineup though.

Avalanche have speed and skill but they have size and bite, too.

We want skilled players but we don't want soft players.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Columbus once again has our destiny in their hands just like in 2016 and last year. I hate them.

One thing to keep in mind, since their GM is gone, Timmins will probably run the show for the draft. One thing we know of Timmins, is that he sucks at drafting forward, especially that high and he has a good eye for dman. I think, and hope, they go D.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
It's funny how people have so much recency bias when they want to expose their view. They look at Toronto failure and completely ignore the success of the Avalanche or Tampa Bay who has been dominant by prioritizing speed and skill.
These people never lived through Briere or Kane in the playoffs and it shows.

Or they forgot Brayden Point. Or Kucherov.

Reactions: stanley25

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Tampa didn't break through until they added grit and toughness throughout their lineup though.

Absolutely. Gotta have a balanced lineup.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The fact you think Lindstrom has "hands of stone" just shows how piss-poor your analysis is. He's not the type of player who dekes out opponents, but his puck handling is pretty tight and not a net negative. He uses his stickhandling pretty much only to create separation to shield the puck with his body. Maybe that's why you think he has stone hands and you're used to the flashy dekes à la Berkly Catton.

There's a difference between dangling through players and puck handling. You can be decent at the latter without doing the former.
In fact he’s one of the best at receiving and controlling passes in transition, which is all hands. But because it’s not highlight reel material, people don’t think much of it.

Reactions: MonkeyBusiness

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Chicago's debate is Levshunov vs Demidov

If they go Demidov then Anaheim is taking Levshunov.

If they take Levshunov then I don't know what Anaheim would do.

Columbus really holds the keys to our draft.
Anaheim takes Demidov if Chicago picks Levshunov. They could really use some high end talent on the wing. There is no RD prospect comparable in talent to Demidov beside Levshunov.

So realistically the top 3 would be Celebrini, Demidov and Levshunov, with the last two being of interchangeable rank.

Columbus could go in any direction after that. In an ideal world, one of their scouts is on Bob McKenzie's poll and they hold Silayev in very high esteem. Buium could also be in play. Of course, the fear is that they love Lindstrom.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Chicago's debate is Levshunov vs Demidov

If they go Demidov then Anaheim is taking Levshunov.

If they take Levshunov then I don't know what Anaheim would do.

Columbus really holds the keys to our draft.
If Jarmo was there, they’d go off the board a little. But Timmins is there so maybe they pick Cole Beaudoin :laugh:

Reactions: WeThreeKings

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
In fact he’s one of the best at receiving and controlling passes in transition, which is all hands. But because it’s not highlight reel material, people don’t think much of it.
He's got decent hands but I wouldn't say soft hands. He struggles in tight spaces, and messes up a lot of short range passes.

I still wouldn't mind us picking him, I just wouldn't say his hands are what you'd expect out of a top 5 pick.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
My sense is Lindstrom is higher rated than Sennecke mostly due to his production this year. But we’re talking about 32 games, 36 if you count playoffs. If you include playoff games, Sennecke has 90 points in 79 games pretty similar ppg to Lindstrom. And if you include 2022-2023 stats, Sennecke has him beat. Don’t think their respective stats should be as heavily weighted in Lindstroms favour as they currently are.
He was almost at a goal per game while being a big centre. If he’s healthy all season, he’s the obvious 2nd overall pick.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
You have to think there are plenty of US based teams that will take a long look at Eiserman. He’s their top USNTDP star, he just passed CC in goals. Got to believe he’ll get some love, top 10.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

They added grit VIA trade!!!! Premium picks should always be us trying to get core pieces, otherwise simply trade away the pick for a player than can be that.

If you have top tier skilled player you can than focus on acquiring high quality bottom line players.

Without Point, Kucherov they would not have won the cup and it's quite obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad