Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.9%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.2%

• Total voters

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Someone earlier on this thread said we don't have 3 Nicklas Lidstrom and I got a good chuckle.

Seriously, I don't know what Guhle/Hutson/Xhekaj have done for us to not even consider Buium/Dickinson if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone at 5.
BPA is the way to go. But I think Guhle, Hutson, Xhekaj is about as good as you can get on the left side. One seems to be a 2 way shutdown stud. One seems to be a potential pp qb and offensive dynamo 5 on 5. One is a physical force, an enforcer, has one of the hardest shots in the league and has some offensive potential.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I just want BPA

If Demidov , Lindstrom and the RD are gone, I want the best of Silayev or Dickinson or Buium.

We are not in a position to get a KK by passing on a Hughes or Tchachuk

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
With Reinbacher and Mailloux, along with all the depth pieces we have that can play both sides, it feels like RD is now more stacked than LD. If they go defense, I wouldn't want to cut out half the drafting pool just because of which side they play on

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If I had to guess

We know we aren't getting Celebrini

They'd have
Demidov
Lindstrom

In that order.

After that it gets murky, but I think you'd look at Iginla/Sennecke as the next tier for them. Progression curve, big moments in the playoffs, play on the inside, skilled, driven, have average to above average size.

After that I think it'd be Helenius/Catton.

Then Eiserman sits in the back end of that as a last resort from a trade down.

Only defenseman that moves the needle for them is Levshunov and he won't be there.

I would think they'd take serious looks at Parekh and Yakumchuk because they are RD's and have high offensive potential.

In fact the same may be true of Dickinson. If they think he's a true number 1 after doing their deep dive, can the pass on him to take a forward they see as a 25-25 second liner? I think having Guhle and Reinbacher each on one of the top two pairs provides a defensive foundation to allow you to get offensive dmen on each of the top pairs:

Dickinson - Guhle
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Man if any team picking 2-4 goes off the board say 7-12?
HuGo can work his magic as our D depth goes through the roof.
Lindstrom is a big guy who’s already had a bad back? HuGo watched Kirby live on the IR. Demidov has Russia questions? Last year with Michkov +/-…… (don’t shot me I’d take both in a second).
Lots of folks are all in on the forwards but IMHO, it’s gonna come down to the BPA is a D & we want F.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Bobs list, I would put money on it being one of these 5 players

3. Silayev
4. Levshunov
5. Lindstrom
6. Dickinson
7. Parekh

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I’m pretty surprised how Catton is consistently outside the top 10 these days, doesn’t make much sense to me. Sure he isn’t big, but he isn’t tiny either and the offensive skill set it excellent. I’d love to get a big forward like Sennecke at 5 and then Catton with a Winnipeg pick trade up. And those two and we are set at forward.

Reactions: vokiel

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
If we want Iginla we have to trade down. Isn’t he around 10-12 on most rankings?

Personally I think Catton and Eiserman have more offensive potential. At 5 I go with Catton.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I’m pretty surprised how Catton is consistently outside the top 10 these days, doesn’t make much sense to me. Sure he isn’t big, but he isn’t tiny either and the offensive skill set it excellent. I’d love to get a big forward like Sennecke at 5 and then Catton with a Winnipeg pick trade up. And those two and we are set at forward.
It's mostly a classic '' what have you done for me lately'' thing IMO. He's been on the radar and good all year, people just plain got used to seeing him.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Personally, I'd be completely undecided, I might lean Buium/Parekh personally for now. To consider Buium, I'd try to set things in motion and land the Devils 10th pick by trading Xhekaj, our Jets picks and a prospect like Mesar.

If this works, I immediately draft Buium at 6, if it fails I consider Parekh, the idea of Parekh and Hutson running a PP keeps popping in my head and tbh it might be something else.

There's also the fact that Parekh might play in the Mem cup and Sennecke has the playoffs to finish so certain things might change.

Only other name I'd consider is Iginla, it all comes into perspective, can I land the Devils 10th pick by trading X, if yes Buium is the pick and at 10 I might be lucky enough to get one of Sennecke/Iginla/Catton/Helenius

If I can't get a trade done then I'm having a long debate between Parekh/Iginla/Sennecke
Why trade Jackeye? To become even softer? We saw how that team got thrown around without X in the lineup last year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah people are bound to get burned by that one. No excuses to have Catton outside the top 10.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Demidov
Lindstrom
Sennecke
Catton
Helenius
Iginla

That's my ranking for my personal choices.

I see Lindstrom and, obviously if the players hit their ceiling you'd want Demidov, but image Lindstrom and Slaf and possibly Dach just bullying their way around the ice.

Reactions: Habano

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Button's mock has Sennecke going 16th. If that's how it goes, hopefully the Habs can trade up

Habs took Lindstrom at 5th.
Yup

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

It's mostly a classic '' what have you done for me lately'' thing IMO. He's been on the radar and good all year, people just plain got used to seeing him.

Yeah people are bound to get burned by that one. No excuses to have Catton outside the top 10.
I'm fine with it. Actually, I hope he is ignored until our Winnipeg pick.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Lindstrom has the better shot, but other than that and being more filled out (bad thing?), why do you prefer Lindstrom over Sennecke? Their skating is close, though I prefer Sennecke, but what sets Sennecke apart is his hands and vision. It’s just on another level compared to Lindstrom who’s got hands of stone and blinders on while Sennecke has some of the best mitts and offensive vision in the draft. To me it’s just what gives Sennecke much more upside. Lindstrom is big, mean and can really rip pucks, but Sennecke is just a much more well rounded offensive package in a physical 6’3” frame himself.
The fact you think Lindstrom has "hands of stone" just shows how piss-poor your analysis is. He's not the type of player who dekes out opponents, but his puck handling is pretty tight and not a net negative. He uses his stickhandling pretty much only to create separation to shield the puck with his body. Maybe that's why you think he has stone hands and you're used to the flashy dekes à la Berkly Catton.

There's a difference between dangling through players and puck handling. You can be decent at the latter without doing the former.

Reactions: le_sean

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I don't think demidov to Chicago is the lock people think it is. I could see them taking Lindstrom or Levushunov. Then I'm not sure Anaheim or Columbus are going for a Russian. Demidov to 5 isn't that farfetched.
Apparently there's heavy interest towards Silyaev within the Jackets org so I don't think they'd be wary of going for a Russian

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nope, id want more. Id target a team with 2 1st rounders and see if they would trade both for the #5 Lets see how bad Calgary wants baby Iggy

Or make the easy play and just take BPA at #5 and try to wheel and deal with next years 1st and Win and Calgarys 1st. There are also several Habs Dmen that will likely be available.

Kind of what I'm thinking as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad