Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 53 17.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Makar himself was ranked close to 15th overall on several lists in his draft year. Colorado picking him at 4 was a considered a reach at the time.

Not from nhl scouts. They had him 4th on Bobs final ranking, and one scout even gave Makar a 1st place vote.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I think trading to 2nd is a possibility if the hawks really like the dmen.

The hawks could have several of Levshunov, Silayev, Buium, Dickinson, and Parekh on the same tier, and several of them will be available at 5.

5th overall + jets 1st + Harris for 2nd overall I feel is a package the hawks would strongly consider if they want to draft a dmen.

Lets say instead of picking Levshunov 2nd overall, they pick Parekh 5th overall who they have as very close to Levshunov, but they get a 1st round pick + decent dman (Harris) on top of that.

From the habs pov, its an overpayment, but totally worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
But haven't you heard LD is a positional strength ?

And by positional strength I mean Guhle might be injury prone, Hutson is yet to be seen what he can do at the NHL level and Xhekaj is most likely a 3rd pairing guy on a good playoff team. And Engstrom...

Gotta go with a forward.
I don't see a problem with drafting an LD versus an RD. All it means is Guhle plays his off hand until there is a trade.

If we draft an LD:

Buium/Dickinson - Guhle
Hutson - Reinbachaer
Xhekaj - Mailloux

If we draft an RD:

Guhle - Parekh/Levshunov
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Reactions: Deam78

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Do you think we might see the NHL have an emotional overreaction to Connelly's boneheaded 5 minute major, and he could fall all the way to the Winnipeg pick?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Great but unlikely scenario A: demidov or Lindstrom fall to us at 5 and we take them

Great but unlikely scenario B: all the best forwards for early but there are some great D on the board. We trade back with Ottawa #5 for #7 + BOS 1st. We take Iginla at 7 then trade up with BOS 1st + WPG 1st into the mid teens and grab a falling cotton or eiserman.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Lindstrom and Slaf feels like an unfair duo. Both absolute monsters along the board that could cycle the puck at will and crush souls. Their skillsets would complement each other, as Slaf is an elite playmaker and Lindstrom an elite finisher. Add a puck carrying speedy winger like Newhook and I could see them own the offensive zone all night.

Reactions: dleblanc343

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Great but unlikely scenario A: demidov or Lindstrom fall to us at 5 and we take them

Great but unlikely scenario B: all the best forwards for early but there are some great D on the board. We trade back with Ottawa #5 for #7 + BOS 1st. We take Iginla at 7 then trade up with BOS 1st + WPG 1st into the mid teens and grab a falling cotton or eiserman.

That would be nice.

But, just as it would take a lot to get from #5 into the top 3 or 4 to get one of Demidov or Lindstrom, I think it would take a lot to move up from the Jets pick into the top 15. I'm not sure either are doable without giving up a good piece of the future core (slaf, suzuki, caufield,dach, guhle, reinbacher, hutson, xhekaj, mailloux, matheson, newhook, roy, fowler). Everyone wants core pieces. So to move up in the draft where you can draft them usually takes giving one up.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Same story yearly. Just pick BPA. That might be a cliche, sounds boring but it holds true. Just pick the player they think will have the best chance of becoming a star regardless of position, handiness. If that happens to be a LD like Dickenson or Buium, so be it. Worry about needs later with trades.

Their best picks Price, Sergachev, Mcdonagh, Caufield, Guhle were all based on BPA. Based on needs, we would have ended up with Marc Staal, Tyson Jost/Logan Brown, Harley/Heinola, Hendrix Lapierre, Mercer etc. Colorado in 2013 picked Mack despite having Duchene, Oreilly, Statsny and Seth Jones was the number 1 ranked prospect. What would have happened had they picked Jones instead of Mack? If the Habs reach for a forward and he becomes an average player and one of the D after becomes a superstar, we'll be screwed in the a** again.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is there any forward better than Michkov?

Many say Demidov. But we'll see how things turn out.

We could have had:
Michkov/Ryan Leonard/Cutter Gauthier
+
one of Levshunov/Dickinson/Parekh/Buium/Yakumchuk/Saliyev.

Instead we'll have:
Reinbacher
+
One of Demidov/Lindstrom/Iginla/Catton/Eiserman/Helenius/Senecke.

Last edited:

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
If they insist on a forward and Lindstrom and Demidov are gone at 5 I would look to trade down a bit. I do believe in taking the BPA though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Trading down could be possible if:
a)the habs get good value for the tradedown in a high-level prospect of a bonafide piece for our build
b)someone among these choices are still around.

any deal will come down to draft day, but with so many teams wanting Dmen, the Habs could get a great forward and more if things play out right.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Trading down could be possible if:
a)the habs get good value for the tradedown in a high-level prospect of a bonafide piece for our build
b)someone among these choices are still around.

any deal will come down to draft day, but with so many teams wanting Dmen, the Habs could get a great forward and more if things play out right.
With so many Dmen looking to be in the top 10, If The Habs trade down to 8-10 at least one of these forwards will still be available 100%

Reactions: Kiss Under the Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad