Value of: Who do you want from the Flyers for your playoff run?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I apologise to the OP. I just don't think any other Flyer can make the Coyotes look like they belong in the playoffs other than Couturier.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
One of your top-4 LD to the Habs in exchange for our 1st 2021 + Harris + Lehkonen + maybe 1 of Chiarot/Edmundson?

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Couturier is a UFA in a year so he should probably be on the table.

From the capitals McMichael + Fehervary/Siegenthaler/Alexeyev + 3 first round picks conditional on them winning the cup within the next 2 years, which with him they probably would. Then you can sign him back After

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Don’t think the Flyers should be blowing it up. Maybe field offers on some guys and see if you can get some picks for guys like Laughton, Raffl, Gustafsson, Hagg, Braun, Elliot.

If they can somehow get out from under the JVR and Hayes contracts, they should pursue that. Those contracts will be ugly in a couple years.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I would kill to have Claude Giroux in Minnesota, but I don't think he'd waive to come here and I can't think of a reasonable deal for both sides to make the cap work.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Since 13 Feb:

Flyers 7-9-2

Senators 9-8-2

Who has the god awful team again?

What an arbitrary date - which I'm sure you picked randomly and not to favor your narrative ::eyeroll::

Anyway...yes, we've been bad lately.

Couturier isn't on the table, Sanheim isn't, Myers shouldn't be, Hart isn't, etc.

TK, Jake, JVR, Gus, Ghost, Laughton, Elliot are the guys you all should inquire about.

TK and Jake are premium pieces, but probably can be gotten. JVR...sure. Laughton is the guy I think teams need to win a Stanley Cup and he happens to be overperforming this year.

Last edited:

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Other than Laughton I don't think the Flyers should move any significant piece unless it nets them the defenseman they really need, and if a player like that shakes loose it won't happen till the offseason. Also, it's really too soon. I've seen the Flyers turn on the light and get right pretty quickly.

It's hard to see players as lost as Sanheim is right now. He needs a mental health break.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don’t think jvr’s contract is as bad as people think for what he brings but I don’t see Seattle taking any rich contracts unless they come with 1st or 2nd rounders attached to them .

They have to take enough cap to reach at least 60% of the cap ceiling. 60% of 81.5 mil is 48.9 mil. So they will have to take at least a few players with significant cap hits.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I think we can get something decent for JVR at the deadline. Wait..... His contact is god awful nevermind. No one is taking that other than the Kraken
What would be the ask from the Oilers if the Flyers retained 50% of his salary?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Fletch is a pretty boring GM.

Raffl, Laughton, and Gus could be moved. Maybe in the offseason there is a bigger shake-up but, I'd be surprised if they move anyone other than these three at the TDL.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
They have to take enough cap to reach at least 60% of the cap ceiling. 60% of 81.5 mil is 48.9 mil. So they will have to take at least a few players with significant cap hits.
There selecting from 30 teams . On average to meet the cap floor that’s less than 2 million per player .Why would they need significant cap hits again ? Again the only significant cap hits they take come with significant draft picks attached

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If the Flyers would deal Carter Hart (I know he has had a brutal year but he still is young and could be a star goalie in the NHL) Edmonton could certainly use him.

Koskinen would have to go the other way.

So a deal around Hart for Koskinen + . What is a fair add coming from Edmonton in this scenario ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad