Who do you think will be the Xfactor players at the start of the game

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
So far confirmed ones through video are Raantanen, Matthews, Stamkos, Jones, Crosby, Panarin, Slavin, and I think Malkin. What are your guesses?

Central:

Az: Chychrun?
Chi: Kane, Jones, (DeBrincat is a maybe, MAF is also possible)
Col: MacKinnon, Makar, Rantanen
Dal: Heiskanen, Seguin(maybe)
MIN: Kaprizov
NSH: Josi, (Saros?)
STL: O'Reilly, Tarasenko
WIN: Helleybuck, Scheifele (Wheeler possibly as well?)

Pacific:

ANA: Gibson?
CGY: Gaudreau
EDM: McDavid, Draisaitl
LA: Kopitar
SJS: Karlson maybe depending if the game still has him highly rated.
SEA: No clue maybe Giordano if they want to have every team have a player.
VAN: Pettersson, Horvat, Hughes (Saw on a trailer he had a star insignia so maybe he will just be a star player or something instead)
VGK: Stone, Pacioretty?

Metro:

CAR: Slavin, Aho, Svech,
CBJ: Laine?, Werenski,
NJD: Hamilton,
NYI: Barzal, Pellech,
NYR: Panarin, Fox,
PHI: Couts, Giroux, Provorov of Ellis maybe?
PIT: Crosby, Malkin, Letang, (Guentzel same place as Cat in whether they give it to him or not)
WSH: Ovi, Carlson, Backstrom

Atlantic:

BOS: Bergeron, MacAvoy, Pastrnak, Marchand
BUF: Eichel
DET: Larkin?
FLA: Barkov, Huberdeau
MTL: Price?
OTT: Chabot?
TBL: Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman, Vasilevski, Point?
TOR: Matthews, Marner?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I don’t see what’s so special about this. Is X-Factor simply BAP traits applied to elite NHL players?

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I don’t see what’s so special about this. Is X-Factor simply BAP traits applied to elite NHL players?

It basically just separates the elite players more from the rest. In Madden it is likely easier to distinguish given X factors for that have a more noticeable advantage for example Aaron Rodgers’ passes can’t be picked off by the ai once his Xfactor is on, players are more likely to intercept the ball etc.

Reactions: CasusBelli

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ehlers is arguably Winnipeg's greatest forward, although I wouldn't be surprised if he's overlooked for this and its given to Wheeler instead.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What? Am I missing something, or you forgot Scheifele and Connor ?
Ehlers and Scheif are a toss up because of position, and Ehlers has been better than Connor the last couple seasons by eye test watching every game and by analytics. Thats not to say Connor was playing bad, but Ehlers was just on another level compared to all of our forwards last season.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Ehlers and Scheif are a toss up because of position, and Ehlers has been better than Connor the last couple seasons by eye test watching every game and by analytics. Thats not to say Connor was playing bad, but Ehlers was just on another level compared to all of our forwards last season.
Wow that’s very surprising to me. I trust you, I watch very little Jets games. But that does really surprise me.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
they gave last seasons 8th best goal scorer tape to tape.... :rolleyes:

Well, Draisaitl and Rantanen seem to have tape to tape too. And they were 4th and 5th best goal scorers respectively. They are great passers too though, so I get it, but I think beauty backhand would've fit Rantanen better.

I hope these feel good but not overly impactful, as the choices are weird for some players. Barkov all alone instead of yoink? Kyle Connor thunderclap? Laine not having one tee?

I like the idea though. Maybe it could be expanded upon in the future, with more players having these and the best having multiple traits. Make them so that elite players feel different and unique, but at the same time balanced. Not easy, but doable.

Reactions: GuerinUp

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Well, Draisaitl and Rantanen seem to have tape to tape too. And they were 4th and 5th best goal scorers respectively. They are great passers too though, so I get it, but I think beauty backhand would've fit Rantanen better.

I hope these feel good but not overly impactful, as the choices are weird for some players. Barkov all alone instead of yoink? Kyle Connor thunderclap? Laine not having one tee?

I like the idea though. Maybe it could be expanded upon in the future, with more players having these and the best having multiple traits. Make them so that elite players feel different and unique, but at the same time balanced. Not easy, but doable.

Looking at how they added power up cards like MUT, you may be able to change the xfactors. Base card prolly has 1 xfactor, while the power up gives the incentive to sink coins into changing xfactors. I'm assuming they are going with the MUT model -> attributes gatekeep abilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad