Who do you think next season will reach over 80 and 100 points for the 1st time in their career?

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I suspect that the majority of players mentioned here don't hit 80pts or 100pts

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Maccelli is a good choice, if Schmaltz doesn't return it's likely that he plays on Keller's wing instead and will get PP time. He routinely plays on the 3rd line so if he gets more opportunity he could easily hit 80.

Keller could hit 100 if he gets an actually good center and winger not named Schmaltz. Kid has been basically playing alone with Schmaltz his entire career, and while they have good chemistry there are a lot better players than Schmaltz out there, and they have lots of cap space.

Last edited:

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Suzuki breaks 80.
Someone, anyone on Montreal needs to. It's been since Kovalev in what 2008 since anyone has hit 80+?

Contact year. I don’t think he gets there. He already got paid.
If you have watched him he has consistently gotten better every year of his 6 year 6.9 (nice) contract that just ended. He was barely a 25~g 60 pt player when he signed and grew every year into a multi 40+g 80+pt player.

Reactions: GTA

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Someone, anyone on Montreal needs to. It's been since Kovalev in what 2008 since anyone has hit 80+?
Yes. Plekanec had 70 in 09-10. I think there were a couple of guys that could have been there with him and maybe got him over. Cammalleri and Gionta missed time to injury that year, but put up good ppg numbers.

They've had good wingers, but have been missing the centers since the shift in the game. The past has been hashed and rehashed. Nick's a complete player. He flirted with it all year and just fell off in the last few games.

That first line of Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky accomplished a lot after the Monahan trade. I have no reason to think they can't do it again next year.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1686519795432.jpg

Reactions: johnnybbadd

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
I'm gonna go a bit off the board here and guess Caufield. This year he struggled with goal scoring but almost doubled his career high in assists. If he scores at the pace he did two seasons ago and puts up the same amount of assists then it averages out to 83 points over a season. Its possible now that he's on a consistent line with Suzuki and Slafkovsky who are both improving their production.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Marner’s been on an exactly 100 point pace over the past 6 seasons but still hasn’t done it. He’s a decent bet to do it at some point.

Marner hits 100
He'll be the first Nashville Predator to do so I believe!

(I kid, I kid. I'm a Leafs fan and I actually hope we resign Magic Mitch. I don't care, he's a playoff failure but he's our playoff failure).

Reactions: Regal

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Going to lob an aspirational homer nod out there for Forsberg hitting 100 next year. Had 94 this year (48g/46a) and I have to imagine Trotz adds some complementary firepower in the offseason with our bounty of picks and decent cap space.

It's worth noting he played all 82 games this year though which is not going to happen every year. He's at a 1.09p/g average over the last three years. If you take out the tough injury year in 22-23 when he played only 50 and was at 0.84p/g, He's averaging 1.18p/g. He'd have to push to ~1.30p/g to do it in the ~70s games played range.

Not a slam dunk at all, but I can see it with some adds to the forward core.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Travis Konecny
I was just coming here to say that. It feels like he elevated his game to a new level this year, but didn’t have much in the way of support (68 points, next closest was 53.) If Michkov comes over, he probably elevates the PP to tolerable all by himself, and TK is the likeliest beneficiary of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad