Who do you take at #9 (HF Fanbase Mock Draft)

Who do you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Assuming the draft order stays the same, I'm making a mock draft based on the fanbases preferences. I made a poll for each pick on the forum of the team that owns it. Obviously it is unlikely that the draft order stays the same, but interesting nonetheless. Results so far:

1: Buffalo - Dahlin (99%)
2: Ottawa - Svechnikov (88%)
3: Arizona - Zadina (77%)
4: Montreal - Wahlstrom (48%)
5: Detroit - Boqvist (52%)
6: Vancouver - Hughes (58%)
7. Chicago - Tkachuk (62%)
8. NYR - Dobson (51%)

IMO, Bouchard is the obvious pick here, and if he falls to our pick, we should snag him. I doubt he'll fall this low IRL though. He's actually my favourite player in the entire draft.

Should I make another one of these after the draft lottery?

Reactions: Catbug

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Assuming the draft order stays the same, I'm making a mock draft based on the fanbases preferences. I made a poll for each pick on the forum of the team that owns it. Obviously it is unlikely that the draft order stays the same, but interesting nonetheless. Results so far:

1: Buffalo - Dahlin (99%)
2: Ottawa - Svechnikov (88%)
3: Arizona - Zadina (77%)
4: Montreal - Wahlstrom (48%)
5: Detroit - Boqvist (52%)
6: Vancouver - Hughes (58%)
7. Chicago - Tkachuk (62%)
8. NYR - Dobson (51%)

IMO, Bouchard is the obvious pick here, and if he falls to our pick, we should snag him. I doubt he'll fall this low IRL though. He's actually my favourite player in the entire draft.

Should I make another one of these after the draft lottery?

In our forum we have been doing this same thing. We picked Bouchard #6. So hes going to be the answer without having to make a poll I think.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Thanks for using bold. I couldn't see it otherwise.;)

On a serious note, I was just throwing out some random names. He does have some serious upside though.
Not sure why it stayed bolded lol, I took the bolding off.

Regardless, Merkley is a later first rounder or second rounder at best. Any team taking him in the top 15 is going to be disappointed IMO. He just screams boom or bust and I would think he is more in the bust category based off of his inability to actually play defense. I also would not be shocked if he made the switch to forward at the NHL level, if he ever makes it there.

I would not be opposed to using our second on him if he is still on the board but using a top 10 pick on a player like him is completely out of the question.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Bouchard at #9 would be redonculous. He's EASILY one of the top 2 picks in this draft... EASILY.
Top 2 is a stretch but I agree you could make an argument for any of Dobson, Bouchard, Boqvist, Hughes there’s not much separating all these D.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I have Bouchard well above all the other options at #2... and in fact I don't think there is much separation at all between him and Dahlin. If the Oilers can nab Bouchard with their pick... that's a steal at that #9 spot.

Kotkaniemi would be a solid choice at #9 as well... as would Merkley who is a top 5 talent in this draft (although has personality issues which has dropped him down in the rankings).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad