Who do you hate more Bettman/Fehr and Who won

WineShark

Nov 19, 2006
Napa Valley, CA
Trying two questions on one poll so check two boxes.
----------------------------------------------------
Sorry to post two polls at the same time, but its a relvent question and one everyone will ask: Who won?

When I work throught the thoughts I come up with "nobody" as an option. Its a really complex response that might be too simple for a poll but I can decide who won between the players and owners, and while I think about it, I can tell you who I hate more. I don't love either side but I can tell you who I'm more angry with.

Q1 - Who won (answer 1 and 2)
Q2 - Who do you hate more (answer 3 and 4)

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Players won and I hate Fehr. It seems like the NHL were making all the proposals and walked away from the issues they were going to "die" for.

I am disappointed in 7yr contracts. I thought 6/8 combo was good.

Trl3789

Jun 17, 2011
Bay Area
Don't really hate or am angry with the two men in charge. It was their jobs, cant blame them for that. More upset about the situation in general.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
hated the way the fehr went about this, just way to much wasting of time. i know its his job to get the best deal possible, and to wait to make that happen.

but taking 45 minute water breaks, and showing up late for every single meeting is not doing your job.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
The only people that really lost were the supporting businesses like restaurants and employees like camera men etc...

Well, the fans lost some games, but saved some money.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Even know i voted that the owners won, it's not really the way i feel. The Owners, Players and fans lost here. i'd have to say between the owners and players that the owners won, say 60/40 over the players as both sides got what that wanted, just that the owners got a little more.

Chaotic8

Boarding Major
May 3, 2010
Livermore, CA
Players won, marginally.

Bettman and Fehr can both go away, particularly Bettman. Three decades and three lockouts, grouped with the charade that was this recent CBA negotiation and we have a joke of a professional sport.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Owners won because they got what they wanted most. A 50/50 split and contract term limits. They gave up a bunch of non monetary stuff and won the major dollar issues.

Also, the players lost because they lost between $500-750 million dollars (not playing) and gave up future money (compared to the previous CBA) on top of it.

NWShark*

they have to fire Bettman. 3 stoppages including losing what amounts to 2 full seasons of revenue says he isn't doing his job right. Also there is no way in hell he should be touching the cup anymore when it's handed to the winning captain. Make it the highest ranking NHL official who's actually won a cup. Maybe Shanahan or Blake? Not sure if Daly or anyone else above them has won a cup...

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I can't beleive that anyone thinks the players won...and most do. Go figure.

I put that I hate Bettmen more. That wasn't the case before this lockout. When it was clear that the players were willing to go 50/50 but just wanted a transition to get there, he could have settled this thing with a big win and still had a full season.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

I put that I hate Bettmen more. That wasn't the case before this lockout. When it was clear that the players were willing to go 50/50 but just wanted a transition to get there, he could have settled this thing with a big win and still had a full season.

Yah I don't really get it either, the players in no way won. They spent months, costing themselves hundreds of millions of Dollars bickering over issues and still ended up losing 7% of the split, lost the ability to sign cap circumventing deal, and didn't get the minimum raised.

Ask yourselves this, if you were a player and knew how the deal would end up turning out and it would personally cost you millions of dollars, what would you have done? Negotiating on 'principle' instead of math is just about the stupidest thing anyone can do in business. You get the best deal you possibly can that doesn't involve you missing any (or at least very little) work. You don't tell the league that of course, but what the players did cost them more money than they can ever hope to recoup.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I hate everyone involved. There's no blame here, this is something that should have been done in August. They kept waiting and waiting to talk saying things will be worked out before the season and here we are 4 months later. I'm glad a deal is done, but it will be interesting to see what the lasting impact will be.

sixgunsdad

May 6, 2007
Not a win or lose situation. Don't look at it as someone won and someone lost. Hate is a pretty strong word to use and doesn't really apply to this. I dislike how long it took to come an equitable agreement
and some of the players twitter posts inferring that they were entitled to a certain income. Just relieved it's over with

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

When was this clear? The players never submitted an offer with a real 50/50 split until very late in the process, and even then it took $300 mill of make whole $$$ for them to sign off on it.

WineShark

Nov 19, 2006
Napa Valley, CA
I'm part of the elite group that hates Bettman more and also hates Fehr more.

I didn't include an option, but maybe I should have included:

5) Hates Fehr, Bettman, and everyone else
6) Hates Fehr, Bettman, everyone else, AND I hate myself for still liking hockey at all.

Excuse me while I go beat the dog.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Personally I fully blame Kitten Mittens. And if you do not, you are ill informed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad