Who bombs in the first round?

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Oilers, because:

McDavid has been off and not at his best all year
Skinner hasn't shown well in the playoffs

And the biggest reason is that eliminating the Kings 3 years in a row seems extremely unlikely.
Skinner was a rookie last year. Tough to call it a pattern.

Since November 12 (Knoblach hiring) he is 35-10-4 with 2.39 GAA and .915 SV%.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
The Coyotes were just purchased by the NHL for $1B lol, that doesn't mean the franchise is successful or profitable. I literally work in M&A buddy.

And nah, I can read fine, you need to learn how to actually structure an argument and stop trying to egg on a dumbass argument because you have nothing better to do as a Sens fan and tried to put your pity on us like a homeless beggar feeling sorry for a minimum wage worker. You're now arguing that getting blasted in a Cup final is apparently the definition of relevant, only because that's the only thing you guys can cling onto at this point.

This is a waste of my time, I'm done here.
I don't believe you work "literally" in M&A (as opposed to what? Figuratively...?), outside of the mail room. From your tone, "gotcha" style of writing and reading comprehension levels, I perceive you as uneducated.

I work at the VP level for one of the worlds biggest PE firms and am quite involved in M&A. So it is funny that you chose that occupation to fake.

Nobody would say that the Sens are a model franchise. They have had ups and downs but they are financially fine, with a great owner now and a seemingly bright future.

The leafs were a joke of a franchise when I was born (Harold Ballard) years, aren't much better now and will continue to suck until I die. The only thing going for them, the size of the market they sit in, has often been there greatest weakness. They are a cash cow for owners and winning hockey is secondary.

Having to listen to the sheer volume of leaf swagger, because they happen to play in the most populous "hockey first" market is nauseating.

Man, can you be any more bitter? l hope you enjoyed the Sens being "relevant", because you won't see them in the playoffs any time soon.

If you think Toronto will get crushed by Florida, so would the Sens (and badly at that). At least you can watch Brady in a Panthers t-shirt, cheering on his brother.

And BTW, why are we discussing a non playoff team?

That last statement is f***ing hilarious! The Sens live rent free in your mind.

Remember, "Swings and Roundabouts" and that Karma can be a bitch.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Who’s living rent free in who’s head?
:laugh: The lack of self awareness from Sens fans is absolutely hilarious. Guy picks an argument and starts trolling us unprovoked then runs with the 'rent free' argument as if anyone is actually thinking about his poverty franchise.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
I legit think the West is so balanced that none of the series would really be considered an upset.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This is a really interesting playoff setup. There are a couple of teams that I think don't have a hope in hell, but it's been a long time since there has been a field that looks so wide open to me. Of the 16 teams, you could make an argument for 12 of them as having a realistic chance at hoisting the cup this year. What an interesting year.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
I don't believe you work "literally" in M&A (as opposed to what? Figuratively...?), outside of the mail room. From your tone, "gotcha" style of writing and reading comprehension levels, I perceive you as uneducated.

I work at the VP level for one of the worlds biggest PE firms and am quite involved in M&A. So it is funny that you chose that occupation to fake.

Nobody would say that the Sens are a model franchise. They have had ups and downs but they are financially fine, with a great owner now and a seemingly bright future.

The leafs were a joke of a franchise when I was born (Harold Ballard) years, aren't much better now and will continue to suck until I die. The only thing going for them, the size of the market they sit in, has often been there greatest weakness. They are a cash cow for owners and winning hockey is secondary.

Having to listen to the sheer volume of leaf swagger, because they happen to play in the most populous "hockey first" market is nauseating.

For the uneducated viewers reading this, “VP-level” in the finance world is equivalent to a “Team Lead” or MAYBE “Manager” title in other industries. Good for you, but not overly impressive.

Reactions: MCR74

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's funny because I've seen a fan of a contending team say their own team at least once in this thread haha.

There are a lot of very good teams not at all confident in their goaltending right now.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
For the uneducated viewers reading this, “VP-level” in the finance world is equivalent to a “Team Lead” or MAYBE “Manager” title in other industries. Good for you, but not overly impressive.
Absolutely hilarious this post needed to be made

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

I'd say the contrary is true. Why would the Sens live rent free in anyone's head? How are they relevant? They haven't done sh*t since Karlsson and useless his wife ran Hoffman out of town (the sign of a true captain). Then again, Tkachuk is no better. He possesses zero leadership and would be a third liner on a contending team if he's lucky.

The Sens are a f***ing joke. Their major accomplishment this season? Morgan Rielly's suspension. We look forward to another summer of chest pumping about "how the Sens are turning the corner".

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
14 in GF and 10th in GA since January. I mean they're facing a pretty easy matchup too, but they are an easy matchup.

Their goalie, top 5 in the league, has been injured for over a month and they were running with Casey DeSmith and a 22 year old AHLer with 5 career games.

They scored less because the supplementary scoring and defensive forwards were injured, so other players had to be deployed more defensively while players like Arshdeep Bains and Vasily Podkolzin were playing on the 3rd line for large chunks of the season with no goals.

February also included an extremely long road trip.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Their goalie, top 5 in the league, has been injured for over a month and they were running with Casey DeSmith and a 22 year old AHLer with 5 career games.

They scored less because the supplementary scoring and defensive forwards were injured, so other players had to be deployed more defensively while players like Arshdeep Bains and Vasily Podkolzin were playing on the 3rd line for large chunks of the season with no goals.

February also included an extremely long road trip.
So PDO ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad