Tennis: Who are your favorite Male Tennis Players to Never Win a Major?

Elvis P

Chips from the chocolate fireball
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
F821C57345EC4C128B463F0DD3C3943B.ashx

Marcelo Ríos
Miloslav Mečíř
Mark Philippoussis
Tim Henman
Thomas Enqvist
Henri Leconte
Alex Corretja
David Nalbandian
Tommy Haas
Magnus Norman

HM: Gael Monfils

Last edited:

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Casual fan but I came to say, it WAS Tommy Haas, and then learned that he's actually still playing. I thought he was done years ago.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Monfils is fun as hell to watch, but I have always had a huge soft spot for Ivo Karlović. I am also quite tall, and I love seeing the big guy do well, though I would never want to try to return one of his serves :laugh:

Interesting tidbit: he is 3-1 all time vs. Djokovic

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Favourite is not quite the right word, but I'd say these are the five guys that should have won a GS title at some point in their career, but didn't:

David Ferrer--it's a shame that he had to spend most of his career as second fiddle behind Nadal. Minus Rafa, he would have been a lock to win multiple French Opens

Marcelo Rios--former #1, with a great game, who still mystifies me how he managed to avoid winning even a single GS

Miroslav Mecir--combined a lack of orthodoxy with great talent and a penchant for shot making that could drive an opponent crazy. Played well on every surface but grass. Injuries cut a promising career short.

Tom Okker--talented player who was born in the wrong era and could never overcome the bigger fish that stood in his way for a GS, Laver, Rosewall, Newcombe, Nastase, Smith, Ashe, et al.

Tomas Berdych--found a high ceiling just under the Big Four but could never do what Wawrinka did, i. e., rise to the occasion when he needed to.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Tomas Berdych is the living tennis embodiment of the Czech football team. Always ranked pretty high, and you expect him to preform well, but he never wins jack.

Marin Cilic is the Croatian version of the same thing as well.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Tomas Berdych is the living tennis embodiment of the Czech football team. Always ranked pretty high, and you expect him to preform well, but he never wins jack.

Marin Cilic is the Croatian version of the same thing as well.

Cilic won the US Open.

ytsur*

David Ferrer--it's a shame that he had to spend most of his career as second fiddle behind Nadal. Minus Rafa, he would have been a lock to win multiple French Opens

This is the only right answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad