Prospect Info: Who are Washington's Top 10 Prospects?

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Stealing an idea from some of the other boards - always fun to see how everyone sees the prospect pipeline (and allows people to quote their post in 5 years time saying "I've been telling you guys for years he was underrated and going to be a star" :naughty: )

Below table might be too complicated, feel free to just do a simple 1-10 list of names instead....

RankNamePositionPotentialWhere they'll be in '18/'19Years away from reaching potential
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

On a separate note I haven't really posted since the Cup Finals, just wanted to say how great this forum has been for someone from the UK who isn't able to watch all the games in full.

I log in and lurk multiple times a day, and thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's insights (especially into the Caps prospects that I have no chance to keep up with otherwise - hence this thread).

Every one of you deserves the win, hope everyone is enjoying the smugness in which we can now say "I'm a Caps fan"!!

@Mods, I create threads so infrequently I never know if I'm breaking any rules, hoping this is kosher :D

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
1. Samsonov
2. Alexeyev
3. Johansen
4. Jonsson-Fjallby
5. Gersich
6. Boyd
7. Barber
8. Hobbs
9. Seigenthaler
10. Ikonen

* no Bowey cause he played 51 games last season.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
3 new toys in the top 10. Interesting.....I like it
I tend to opt for upside unless more established options have either made substantial leaps in their time in the system or still retain realistic chances of hitting on NHL upside. Clark might be a bit questionable compared to Pinho. It's close. It's hard to evaluate Pinho or Ikonen until we see how they fare in Hershey. I think they could have even added three in the top five even had they shot more for upside. It's neither a deep system nor one that's brimming with players that are right on the cusp having made big strides in Hershey.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
1. Samsonov
2. Alexeyev
3. Johansen
4. Jonsson-Fjallby
5. Gersich
6. Seigenthaler
7. Boyd
8. Barber
9. Fehervary
10. Hobbs

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
1. Ilya Samsonov
2. Axel Jonsson-Fjallby
3. Alexander Alexeyev
4. Lucas Johansen
5. Shane Gersich
6. Connor Hobbs
7. Martin Fehervary
8. Jonas Siegenthaler
9. Garrett Pilon
10. Kody Clark

This was my list from a few days ago on the prospect forum's thread.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
1. Ilya Samsonov
2. Alex Alexeyev
3. Shane Gersich
4. Lucas Johansen
5. Jonas Siegenthaler
6. Axel Jonsson-Fjallby
7. Travis Boyd
8. Garrett Pilon
9. Kody Clark
10. Tobias Geisser

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Copley in the top 10? 26 year old goaltender with 2 career NHL games.

I think Geisser and at least one of Mmaaasss or Walfridsson are probably somewhere in the 5-10 range for me.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Copley in the top 10? 26 year old goaltender with 2 career NHL games
His proximity to an NHL job did it for me. Unlikely that 10+ members of this (or almost any) prospect pool become NHL regulars and Copley is about to have an opportunity to become an NHL backup. Not a high upside pick in that slot, but one that has a reasonable chance of sticking in the NHL.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
The D is strong with this group.

We certainly have some good ones in there, but it feels more to me like our Top 10 Prospects list is thin on offense more than it's strong on defense, if you know what I mean. And as good as they may be

Nothing against our D pipeline, but compared to the rest of the NHL I think the number and caliber of our top D prospects is pretty average (and the best all shoot left). And we're downright barren on offense beyond those that figure to jump soon (AJF, Gersich). Everyone else, in my opinion, is either a marginal NHL prospect or too far away from ripening to tell yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad