Who are the top Enforcers for the next draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
Sabes said:
Just wondering what tough guys are all available for the next draft when it happens. A couple guys I can think of from the WHL are Matt Kassian from Kamloops and Garth Collins from Prince Albert.

As far as fighting skills go, probably Kassian.

jb**

Sabes said:
Just wondering what tough guys are all available for the next draft when it happens. A couple guys I can think of from the WHL are Matt Kassian from Kamloops and Garth Collins from Prince Albert.
To take it a step further, who are the top enforcers that were drafted and still playing in juniors, thanks.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
jb said:
To take it a step further, who are the top enforcers that were drafted and still playing in juniors, thanks.

Brandon Prust, London Knights, 2004 70th overall Calgary Flames.

Eric Neilson, Rimouski Oceanic, 2004 143rd overall Los Angeles Kings.

Not necessarily the best two fighters but they are two tough guys with enough skill to play a regular shift someday in the NHL.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Zach Stortini, Sudbury Wolves. Drafted in the 3rd round (94th overall) by the Oilers in '03.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
-John Hecimovic was drafted in the 9th by the Panthers
-BJ Crombeen in the 2nd by Dallas

Both can play too so they're more of powerforwards than enforcers, but still, 2 of the top fighters in the OHL nonetheless.

Avery4Byng*

Sabes said:

I would take kassian over collins in a heartbeat. kassian is one tough SOB.

Victory Ali*

Zack FitzGerald (2003 draft 3rd round by the Blues) is a tough guy and I've seen him argued as a top 10 in the WHL.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Kassian is the best fighter draft eligible this year. I say that without seeing any others, but you'd be that confident too if you saw Kassian. He can also skate well for a big guy, he's decent defensively and if he could ever develop some confidence with the puck he might be able to pop a few goals in (as he's done lately with Kamloops). I'd expect him to go in the midrounds.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
McDonald19 said:
Brandon Prust, London Knights, 2004 70th overall Calgary Flames.

Eric Neilson, Rimouski Oceanic, 2004 143rd overall Los Angeles Kings.

Not necessarily the best two fighters but they are two tough guys with enough skill to play a regular shift someday in the NHL.

I think you forgot to mention Gino Pisellini, a Philly fifth rounder, the kid can throw 'em. :yo:

stugotz

Mar 17, 2004
Kevin Cormier is the toughest fighter in the QMJHL right now, he was drafted by Phoenix

JF

Résidences Soleil?
Apr 7, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
Kevin Cormier is by far the most feared in the QMJHL.

It will be interesting to see in the future the result in a fight between him and another very feared fighter of the Q, Jonathan Tremblay of the San Jose Sharks. Now that was another scary fighter...

stugotz

Mar 17, 2004
gars59 said:
marty doyle :help:

Marty is an 85' and it is doubtful he will be drafted this year although he is among the top fighters in the Q this year.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Like a few others, Matt Kassian in a heartbeat. That guy is amazingly big and can throw 'em down. Not to mention he's a pretty decent player too.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
paxtang said:
haha, I have no clue. I just know they fought.

Very informative. ;)
Anyone else see the two fight? I know Nickerson was feared heading into the Q this year, wondering how he did against Cormier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad