• Matthew Wood

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Other (name in comments)

Votes: 70 33.7%

• Total voters

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson and Smith are taken in the first 4 picks. Bobrovs Russian intel says Michkov won’t be coming over anytime soon and likely extends in the KHL.

Who’s your pick at 5?

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
the more bad press Michka gets, the more i want us to draft him.
I thought HuGo was pasty bland white rice, turns out they have balls and some spice (Dach, Slaf).

Kid would probs need some kind of a russian entourage at first, but... i mean is it reasonable to just pass on such talent?

gonna be an interesting draft!

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I would draft Mitchkov still.

It Gives time to rebuild properly, time for our dead wood contracts expire , and he would be the last piece to the puzzle in 3 years … a potential superstar on a ELC .

To answer the question; I think Dvorsky

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Didn't Wood go through a significant growth spurt ? I kind of wonder if that's not affecting his skating, meaning he's someone who could significantly improve going through the NCAA for 2 more years.

Reactions: bopeep

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am very surprised to be the only one that selected Leonard. My 2nd option would have been Reinbacher and 3rd Wood.

Why so many people are that high with Dvorsky?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I am very surprised to be the only one that selected Leonard. My 2nd option would have been Reinbacher and 3rd Wood.

Why so many people are that high with Dvorsky?

U18 he scored a lot.

Push comes to shove, right now, I go Reinbacher.

Next years D heavy so maybe we can get a high quality forward.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Vote other... Draft Michkov! Dont care if he's coming in 3 years. Why its a problem anyway?

If you dont draft The Stars on the top 5, trade down to Washington, they will! Then grab 1- Benson-2- Reinbacher or 3-Dvorsky.... and wait for them to perform in 3 years...

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Wood. A very cerebral player, with exceptional shooting and passing skills. He's got the talent and personality to thrive long-term in a place like Montreal. I am not sure why he is not receiving more love at this point after an exceptional NCAA season and U18 tournament. Him, Dach and Slafkovsky would be a wonderful line. Size and skills.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I know little to nothing but all the youtube scouting reports and what I read here (gulp) about these prospects. So far gotta say I like Benson and Leonard and would love them both on a line lol.

Last vids I just watched wow Leonard looks good. I love guys that attack defensemen, it’s why I tune in. Great balance and strength in his legs wow.

Last on my list of must-watch is Dvorsky, poor kid needs some love from what I read.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The PR department is working overtime. The chosen one is not even in the options!

The people have chosen Matvei Michkov.

39446.jpg

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Pretty wide spread... Which is exactly why we should avoid this and just draft Michkov if he's there.

But if you twist my arm in the premise of this thread, Dvorsky. The idea of Slaf - Dvorsky - Mesar down the line is fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad