OT: Who’s more useless?

Who’s more useless

• Total voters

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
ZAR is at least cheaper, and....like....in their respective positions, is less incompetent as a forward than JMFJ is at defense?

Reactions: Andy99

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
ZAR has a (limited) role to play on the team as a 4th line defensive forward, and he does that fine. JJ has a limited role to play as a 3rd pairing defensive defenseman, and he does that embarassingly poorly. There's no question here. ZAR doesn't win you a playoff series but he doesn't lose it for you either. JJ can and (along with his partner Shultz) quite possibly did lose us a series.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
This poll seems pretty useless since we shit on both of these players in just about every other thread on this board.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
ZAR is a perfectly fine 12/13F and he's cheap. The problem is that the coach thinks he's more than that. That's not ZAR's fault, but that puts him in HFB whipping boy territory.

JMFJ....what really needs to be said. He's a problem and it's an even bigger problem that the GM and coach think he's not a problem.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jack Johnson is a good third pairing defenseman who is good on the PK and at shotblocking and is a great guy in the room....just keep repeating it, folks...our GM does...if you just keep repeating it enough, it becomes true and then you feel better about playing him 17 min a night...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Easily Johnson because the minutes he plays and the position he plays has more of a detrimental impact on the team's chances of winning than a 4th line "safe" winger.

Aston-Reese is more of a net zero. Doesn't add anything offensively, generally does his job defensively. Johnson, on the other hand, is a negative because he doesn't add anything offensively while actively hurting the Pens defensively.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
In all honesty the only thing wrong with ZAR is that he doesn't have any finish and tends to squander any chances he gets. But everything else he does is perfectly fine for playing on the BART line.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
ZAR is useless, mostly.

JJ is actively counterproductive in a way that any forward is not capable of being. That's why it would have been a coup to trade him for Victor Rask.

Actually, in the newest version of The Big Book of Quotes, JMFJ's picture appears next to the phrase 'addition by subtraction'.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Actually, in the newest version of The Big Book of Quotes, JMFJ's picture appears next to the phrase 'addition by subtraction'.

I legit think he's done in the NHL after the Pens. I also think that he'd be gone already if Rutherford hadn't actively gone out and called his previous team idiots for how they handled him. A lot of old fart pride on the line.

Reactions: TheTang58 and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I legit think he's done in the NHL after the Pens. I also think that he'd be gone already if Rutherford hadn't actively gone out and called his previous team idiots for how they handled him. A lot of old fart pride on the line.

Saw someone write online that we've hit 'late Carolina' Rutherford in terms of the free agent deals he gives out, the trades, the constant fixing of mistakes, a mix including a lot of 'market value' contracts for vanilla players, etc.

Ultimately, the Johnson signing was a larger part of the story of how JR reverted from cup winning GM to this form.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad