Speculation: Who’s gonna be Tampa's "3rd line" this year?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
whos going to be this years gourde, coleman and goodrow?
We’re not going to have anything like that 3rd line. That was an elite line that very few teams have the luxury to put together outside of their top 6. But in general, who knows? That’s one of the big questions heading into training camp. 4th line is a mystery as well to see who will play along side Luke Glendening. It’s been a while since we went into a season with this many questions.

As of today I’d guess Hagel-Point-Kucherov stay together as the top line, and Cirelli, Paul, and Stamkos form the 2nd. That leaves Sheary, Jeannot, and Eyssimont as your next best forwards. Can that work as a combination? You gotta try to figure out what maximizes both Sheary and Jeannots offensive production this season. With where to put Eyssimont, imo he’s better suited to a 4th line role, but it’s hard to deny him ice time.

Im not crazy about the remaining options in Archibald, Watson (PTO), or Logan Brown. I would much rather see if Barre-Boulet and Merela can be top-9 guys and win jobs.

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
With Archibald on waivers that leaves 9 players making 800k or less if my count is right all 25 or older so what could possibly go wrong. Have to believe Coop that it’s his job to maximize the talent he has. But damn the bottom six .

Someone was excited that Mott was equivalently Gourde . Hmmm well if he were Gourde like he would not have signed for 800k. He may be a energy guy but Gourde he is not.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
With Archibald on waivers that leaves 9 players making 800k or less if my count is right all 25 or older so what could possibly go wrong. Have to believe Coop that it’s his job to maximize the talent he has. But damn the bottom six .

Someone was excited that Mott was equivalently Gourde . Hmmm well if he were Gourde like he would not have signed for 800k. He may be a energy guy but Gourde he is not.

Hes had injury issues. I dont know if he's gourde but if healthy hes helpful depth that signed cheap.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Taking the time to read other sections, it seems the vast majority feel our bottom six are going to be difficult to play against due to their tenacity, speed, and defensive abilities.
If they can mix in some offense to take some of the pressure off the top 6 while playing the defensive role, that is all we can ask for and will make for an interesting 2023-2024 version of the Lightning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad