• Yannick Weber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maxime Legace

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, I have to agree. I think people are way too heavy on public analytics to think ZAR would be their go to with Zucker and even Pettersson available. The only reason it makes sense is if they are hitting high cap stuff on other teams.

That always has been the rationale behind the idea tho. I don't think many people think ZAR's in our top 3 or even 5 players available. But that changes if they fill up on high cap stuff elsewhere and there's good reason to think they might.

Although having done a quick mock on CF, I can buy the idea they'd take Pettersson, and while there's some fun spendy options I can buy them wanting Zucker anyway.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I don’t see why Seattle would pick a fourth line, likely overpaid player. Pens’ fans are delusional when it comes to our hardworking, skill-less fourth line. ZAR scored 1 goal over his last 20+ regular season games. Dude vanished offensively. Guys like that are a dime a dozen, and likely are half the price.

Hell, grab Tanev and retain some salary and flip him at the deadline or do the same with Zucker. Ronny will never get a call about ZAR.
Nobody thinks they will take ZAR because he is good at scoring goals. They will take ZAR because he has good defensive fancystats for near league min. They can spend their cap in better ways than Zucker, Tanev, or Petterson

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Nobody thinks they will take ZAR because he is good at scoring goals. They will take ZAR because he has good defensive fancystats for near league min. They can spend their cap in better ways than Zucker, Tanev, or Petterson
Who is to say he wants league minimum? That’s prob what he is worth, but I thought he wanted more?

The only reason would if Seattle started taking big contracts and needed to pick up a cheaper player.

Last edited:

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think today, after a 20 year wait, we sign Jagr to a league minimum one-year contract to return home, and then he is selected by Francis.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I just get this feeling Tanev is too obvious here. He’ll probably play 3rd line and has a consistent pulse in almost every game he plays. Passionate, fan favorite, etc. Great for a brand new franchise.

Tanev's contract is a bit of a killer though. As much as I love Tanev's skillset, him getting selected isn't the worst thing in the world. I'd still rather they take Pettersson though.

Reactions: Andy99

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Trying to not think about it too much, I voted Zucker. He's a top 6 winger and the best player available from the Pens. I think Petts is in a similar boat. Capable top 4 defenseman, still young, and a reasonable cap hit if you don't already have $9M tied up in LD.

I understand the logic of ZAR, but still, he's a defensive 4th line winger, is a limited player, and has cost uncertainty. If I was Francis and I was looking for a cheap contract from the Pens, I'd take CDS or maybe even Riikola before I took ZAR.

Tanev is kind of in between. He's also expensive for what he is, but he's better than ZAR.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
It's ZAR.

I think the talk about lack of blueliners is a bit overblown (so Petts isn't as likely), and there's plenty of expensive options up front (so Zucker wont get picked).

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It's ZAR.

I think the talk about lack of blueliners is a bit overblown (so Petts isn't as likely), and there's plenty of expensive options up front (so Zucker wont get picked).

Yep. None of our expensive guys are good value for money.

That's why we want to get rid of them.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Zucker or ZAR. Maybe Tanev.

ZAR is obv minimal $/analytics pick.

Zucker they could inflate his numbers and flip at TDL or summer for futures.

Tanev brings so many elements but idk if Francis picks up his term.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I think if they want to compete this next couple seasons then they take, Zucker, Pettersson or Tanev.

If they want to maximize cap space, which Francis said is very important on a video call just a few days ago, then I think they take ZAR. That being said, ZAR is going to cost more than he did last year. Though after the signing of Teddy, I think he will make less than people think. Teddy is a center and has produced more on the same team in the same role over the past 3 years.

I'm thinkin like a 2 year deal for like 1.5mil a season.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah... out of the contenders from the posters picks here, I'd say Zucker gets the pick...
Petts just being not worth that prize tag and he's stringy...
Tanev, while not THAT expensive... still kinda .... not sold on the price for energy and hitting... league min should be hitting and bust their ass to get into the NHL... (i'm on the fence on tanev)

If you are in the bargain bin... you go ZAR. Honestly surprised how many think ZAR will be taken.
I'm with whomever said that contend now (crackin') will want zucks.... and I'm locking in my zucker choice now. final answer.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
It'll be Zucker bc he's the most valuable. He's got a decent contract and he's got "name recognition". Francis would easily be able to flip him for assets.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It'll be Zucker bc he's the most valuable. He's got a decent contract and he's got "name recognition". Francis would easily be able to flip him for assets.

Yeah, I don't like losing zucker for free looking back at what it took to land him in pitt....

I absolutely can't stand him stuck to geno though... but i still think the guy has value to some team somewhere (rather than just losing him)

But the cap relief would be nice....

Man... if exgmjr didn't boneheadedly sign petts to that crap I wouldn't mind him staying.... but being stuck with him makes me dislike him...

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
This is a no-lose situation.

If it's Petts, great! Hope POJ is working on his game this summer.
If it's ZAR, see ya.
If it's Zucker, yeah it would hurt my ego a little bit that he was chosen over the illustrious likes of Petts and ZAR, but $5.5M in cap relief would be super sweet.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Tanev
Aston-Reese
DeSmith
Zucker
Petterssen

I, like most people, thought ZAR was the obvious choice. However, Tanev makes sense when you think about. Yes, he still has a handful of years left on his contract. However, his cap isn't that high, and he does bring something to the ice. I can see them taking him if they want to have some character (think Reaves in Vegas).

The thing is that Zucker would help them get to the cap floor. The only way I see them taking him, though, is if they think he can score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad